隔夜燕麥粥(Overnight oats)在近幾年從歐美流行到台灣，我也是在約一年前接觸到它，現在也是我早餐的選擇之一。也是要打這篇時才突然發現我好像還沒有分享我自己固定的隔夜粥食譜，近期拍照後再分享，這篇要分享的是很適合當點心或甜點的 全素椰奶隔夜燕麥杯。
Overnight oats get their way into Taiwan a few years ago, and I met them about a year ago. Now they are often appear on my desk in the morning. And it is not until this moment that I realize that I haven’t shared my overnight oat recipe yet. It’ll coming soon. I promise. But this time I’d like to share this Vegan Coconut Overnight Oats that are suit for dessert or snack time.
Vegan Coconut Overnight Oats
喔對，另外這個食譜還有加入一樣台灣比較少見的食譜：小荳蔻粉 (Ground cardamom)。記得也是在去年才認識小荳蔻的，它很適合加入甜點，增加風味。我是在網路上買小荳蔻，自己用研磨機磨碎後再過篩使用。如果你沒那麼喜歡，或是真的覺得不好取得，不加也無妨，但可能就是少了一丁點風味。
I saw this recipe by Angela Liddon on oh she glows a while ago. It is also the main reference for my Blueberry Chia Jam post. In fact, I have watched a similar recipe by Dani on YouTube before that time. So when this recipe seems to be déjà vu, but it definitely tastes creamier thanks to the oats. What’s more, the overnight oats are an eye-catcher with the additional jam layer.
BTW, this recipe also has one special ingredient: ground cardamom, which is not so common in Taiwan… yet ( I guess). It was also a stranger to me not until a year ago. It is suit for dessert or snack recipes. I bought my cardamom online and ground them by myself in my coffee grinder and sift them before using. If you don’t like cardamom or find them hard to get, then I’ll say just skip them and continue. But the result may be less flavorful due to the omitting ingredient.
In the original recipe, Angela adds some chopped pears on top. But since now is not the pear season and I just got no fruits that suit for this recipe on my hand, I decided to use my regular old friend: sliced almonds. Sure you could add any nuts, fruits you want, or granola would be great, too. We make them for ours own, so make them as you like. Make them work best for you.
一般燕麥粥通常沒什麼層次，但這個燕麥杯有加入果醬來做層次，讓它看起來格外吸睛，也是一開始我被這個食譜吸引的原因之一。人是視覺動物嘛~ : 9
Common overnight oats do not have layers, but this one has. And it is the additional layer element that make it look more awesome and beautiful. It is also one of the reason that I was attracted to this recipe. Humans brains are working visually, right?
This recipe is really similar to regular overnight oat recipes. The main difference is the “milk” used. Regular overnight oats often use dairy milk or almond milk. This recipe calls for coconut milk, which makes it taste creamier and richer, more like a dessert.
FYI, even though I say “a dessert,” it actually use very little sugar (maple syrup in this case). The sweetness is really subtle. If you are a “sweet” person, you could add more to taste, but I find the little sweetness is enough and works fine for me. The coconut flavor goes well with the cinnamon and cardamom flavor. With added blueberry chia jam layer, I really cannot hold myself back from finishing a jar at one time.
So, here we go!
(※ 引用食譜煩請註明出處與原文網址．勿拿此食譜行商業行為 ※)
Coconut Chia Overnight Oat Parfait
- 作者 Author: 桶子葉 Barrelleaf / Nora Hsu
- 食譜 單位標準&換算+常見問答集: Recipe Measurement+ FAQ
- 參考 Reference：oh she glows
- 特別器具 Special equipment:
- 食材 ：(約 2 – 3 人份)
- Ingredients：(Serves: 2 – 3)
✂ —— 📽 實作影片 ——✂
- 最後再表面上灑杏仁片，或其它喜歡的配料即可享用。剩下的燕麥粥需密封冷藏保存，約可放 3 – 4 天
- Mix all ingredients except jam and add-ons together in a bowl or container. Wrap the bowl or put the lid on. Refrigerate overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- Remove the overnight oats from the fridge. Give it a stir the check the consistency. Add some water if you find it too dense and stir well to the idea thickness.
- Layer the jam and oat mixture in a jar. I would recommend jam goes first, followed by the oats, then another jam layer. Add sliced almonds or toppings you like. Enjoy. The left overnight oats can be store in air-tight containers in the fridge for 3 – 4 days.
- Other Breakfast recipes: Vegan Crispy Flapjack Granola Bar (Gluten-Free), Gluten-Free Healthy Dutch Baby (Berries & Lemon), Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread (Gluten-Free)
- More Breakfast recipes: HERE
- More Vegan recipes: HERE
- My Tools, Equipment & Ingredient List: HERE
- This page contains affiliate links, which supports me with a small commission to produce more great content on this site at no additional cost to you. Thank you for reading and supporting Barrel Leaf.
You Might Be Interested ….
🔽 新創 FB社團，歡迎大家加入 🔽
『自然飲食小廚房 Healthy Clean Kitchen』