Read the post in: 繁體中文
Creamy cookie dough bites covered with dark chocolate, these White Bean Cookie Dough Truffles are delicious as perfect snacks for summer. And you only need 5 ingredients to make them!
White Bean Cookie Dough Truffles
This year’s summer came really fast. I seriously didn’t feel like much Spring before I found myself sweating while chopping my fruit.
Under this kind of weather, no oven is preferred to be turned on, I think.
But still, I like sweet snacks. I seriously couldn’t live a day without having something sweet to munch on. So here comes the no-bake cookie dough balls.
Well, let me give you a brief background story.
I was going through my fridge, searching for something to eat. Then I found the canned white beans, which was open and should be used up soon.
SoI decided to make white bean cookie dough again, yet with a little twist.
I slightly change the ingredients and, instead of putting the whole thing into a jar, I roll them into little balls and coat them with the heavenly beautiful chocolate.
Sounds super delicious, right? Heck yeah!
I’m really into cookie dough made from beans after making the Chickpea Cookie Dough and White Bean Cookie Dough. I love them so much!
INGREDIENTS FOR WHITE BEAN COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
You only need 5 ingredients to make these cookie dough truffles. They are:
- White Beans: I use canned white kidney beans here. They are super creamy and buttery. You can use butter beans as well. You won’t taste them!
- Nut Butter: It adds richness and a depth of flavor. I usually use peanut butter or almond butter. I’ve tried using sunflower seed butter, too, and it also works! (You can read How to Make Nut Butter Here)
- Maple Syrup: I’m a die-hard fan of maple syrup and there’s no other thing that can replace it, in my humble opinion.
- Coconut Flour: It’s super absorbent and gives these truffles a special texture. If you don’t have it, you can try to use my White Bean Cookie Dough recipe, which uses oat flour instead.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: They are a must in cookie dough, so are these cookie dough truffles. We’re also going to use them for our chocolate coating, so you need quite more than usual, which I’m totally excited about.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE BEAN COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
It’s pretty much like making cookies dough from beans with an extra, tiny little work.
- Blend all ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips in a food processor.
- Stir in some chocolate chips.
- Take about one tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Repeat to finish all.
- Place into the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate to coat each ball. Let them sit for a few seconds. EAT!
That’s it! You can decorate them with some fleur de sel or coase salt on top, which will not only make them looks a little bit special, but also bring more flavor into your mouth.
I personally like to freeze them for a little bit longer, espcially in summer.
The cold, creamy cookie dough filling together with the melted chocolate in your mouth is just something I couldn’t describe how satisfying it is!
You can also try to play with the chocolate as well. (Why not?)
I finished the first batch really quick and made my second batch a few days later.
Instead of coating all cookie dough balls, I drizzled the chocolate on some of them and add some toasted almond flakes on top, which gives them another “dessert vibes”.
I really enjoy these cookie dough truffles and will definitely make the third batch soon!
If you’re interested in more vegan snack ideas, check out:
- Matcha Chocolate Chip Bliss Balls (5 ingredients)
- Vegan Peanut Butter Mug Cake (8 ingredients)
- Black Sesame Energy Bars (5 ingredients)
White Bean Cookie Dough Truffles (5 ingredients)
- 1 can white kidney beans 白腰豆, net weight 240 g drained & rinsed
- 2 Tbsp nut butter 堅果醬, or sunflower seed butter
- 2-3 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿, to taste
- 4 Tbsp coconut flour 椰子細粉
- 3 Tbsp +100 g (3.5 oz) dark chocolate chips 黑巧克力豆
- A pinch of fleur de sel 鹽之花, optional 非必要
- In a food processor, add all ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips. Process to bring all together. Add a dash of water if the mixture is too dry.
- Add 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips. Pulse a few times to mix them into the cookie dough mixture.
- Place a parchment paper onto a freezer-safe plate or small baking sheet. Use a spoon to scoop out about one tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Place the ball onto the lined baking sheet or plate. Repeat to finish all mixture. You’ll end up have about 8-10 balls.
- Place the balls into the freezer for at least 20 minutes to harden up.
- Melt the chocolate by using a double boiler or a microwave. Then coat each cookie dough ball with a layer of melted chocolate. Let them sit for a few seconds to let the chocolate set. Then EAT!
- 放入 3 Tbsp 的巧克力豆，再以按壓食物處理機的方式混入
- 將一個可冷凍的盤子或是小烤盤上鋪烘焙紙。用湯匙一次挖取約 1 大匙混合物，塑形成圓球，放於烘焙紙上，重覆至用完全部的混合物
- 放入冷凍庫，冷凍至少 20 分鐘至結實
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4 days or 2 weeks in the freezer.