This post is also available in: 繁體中文
Smooth, Creamy, protein-packed, this delicious Chickpea Cookie Dough is one of those things that I’m sure I’ll make again and again!
Chickpea Cookie Dough
Yes, you heard me right (or read), this cookie dough is made from chickpeas. Don’t worry, it won’t taste like hummus. (But in a way, it is, I guess?) It really tastes like regular cookie dough!
Watch How to make it Here:
When I first heard the idea of making cookie dough from chickpeas, I was surprised as most of you and thinking “Is it really a thing?”. But trust me, it really works!
In fact, after tasting this chickpea cookie dough, I’m like “where has this amazing sweet been all my life?!”
It really tastes like cookie dough, or even better, at least in my opinion.
What’s more awesome is that you only need 7 ingredients to make it and no baking required!
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH
- Chickpeas: the hero of this delicious cookie dough. And, I mean, I already wrote it in the title.
- Maple Syrup: adds the sweetness to the right spot.
- Nut Butter: gives this cookie dough the nutty, and cookie-like flavor.
- Oat Flour: makes the texture right as well adds some more flavor.
- Salt: brings up the whole flavor. I mean, you really need a pinch of salt in your life.
- Vanilla Extract: gives it the cookie-dough vibes. I mean, almost every cookie recipe has vanilla extract in it, right?
- Dark Chocolate Chips: are classic components and they bring more fun and soul to the cookie dough. And I cannot live without them.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH
It’s really simple to make this cookie dough because no baking is involved. But you do need a food processor to help you do the work.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Taste to add more maple syrup or nut butter to your taste.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and done!
You can eat it straight out of the bowl, or refrigerate for 4 hours to let the flavor go deeper.
That’s it! It’s a really simple and quick snack to make. The creamy texture and nutty flavor is really what I want and need from time to time.
Other vegan snacks you might also enjoy:
Chickpea Cookies Dough (7 ingredients) 鷹嘴豆餅乾生麵團
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Taste to add more maple syrup if you like. Then finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer into a bowl or jar. EAT!
- Storage: Store in an air-tight jar in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- 保存：冷藏密封保存 3-5 天