Read the post in: 繁體中文
Crunchy, full of peanut butter flavor, these Peanut Butter Cacao Nib Oatmeal Cookies are perfect healthy snacks for my peanut butter lover. They are super easy to make with only 5 ingredients.
I mean, there are NO too many peanut butter cookies, right? Especially an easy but still delicious recipe.
I’ve shared a few peanut butter cookies, including old-fashion Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies and Vegan Coconut Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. This time I want to make something in between, and with an addition that makes these cookies extra crunchy!
These peanut butter cacao nib oatmeal cookies are super crunchy, yummy, and wholesome! (Thanks, oats!)
A sneak peek into these peanut butter cacao nib cookies:
- They are full of peanut butter flavor! No doubt!
- Out-of-this-world crunchy! I think there are not many cookies as crunchy as they are!
- Also, they are packed with nutrients, which is always a plus, right?
Ingredients You Need
- Peanut butter: It’s the hero of this recipe. The runnier, the better. Make sure it a natural one. (no added oil and other stuff. Salt is fine though.)
- Maple syrup: My favorite liquid sweetener! The taste is really so wonderful!
- Instant oats: Here I recommend using instant oats or small-cut oats.
- Baking powder: Some baking powder will lift these cookies a little bit.
- Cacao nibs: They are just crushed cacao beans. They are bitter on their own, so adding them in sweets is the best thing for me. And they are super crunchy.
How to make Peanut Butter Cacao Nib Oatmeal Cookies
This is one of the easiest recipes. You can also make them with your kids.
First, Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Then add the wet ingredients. Mix all together.
Scoop out a flat tablespoon of the mixture. Roll it into a ball and place it on a lined baking sheet. Repeat to finish all mixture. Keep the balls evenly spaced.
Press them down with your palm into dish-shape cookies.
Bake in the preheated oven at 177 C / 350 F for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Transfer the baking sheet onto a wire rack to cool down completely. This is a very important step to let them get super crunchy. Then it’s time to eat!
How to Store These Oatmeal Cookies
They can also last quite long, about 2 weeks in an air-tight jar. So if you’re feeding more than one, I highly recommend double or triple the recipe to make a bigger batch.
These cookies are sweet but balanced by the bitterness of the cacao nibs. The crunchy texture and rich peanut flavor make me really really enchanted and satisfied. I hope you will love these cookies as much as I do!
Other Vegan Snack Recipes:
- Chocolate Orange Bliss Balls (Vegan)
- Vegan Perfect Peanut Butter Protein Bars (6 Ingredients)
- Vegan Peanut Butter Mug Cake (Gluten-free, 8 ingredients)
Peanut Butter Cacao Nib Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-free)
- 45 g (1/2 cup) instant oats
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 40 g (2 Tbsp + 2 tsp) peanut butter, *
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 177 / 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a bowl, add instant oats, baking powder, and cacao nibs. Mix them together.
- Then add the wet ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Use the tablespoon to scoop out a flat tablespoon of the mixture. Roll it between your palms to make a ball then place it on a lined baking sheet. Repeat to finish all mixture. Keep the balls evenly spaced. These cookies will not spread much so you can arrange them a little bit tighter.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer the baking sheet onto a wire rack to cool down completely. This is a very important step to let them get super crunchy. Then it’s time to eat!
- Storage: Store these oatmeal cookies in an air-tight jar for 2 weeks at room temperature.
- *Peanut Butter: Make sure the peanut butter doesn’t have added oil and sugar. I usually use homemade peanut butter.