Read the post in: 繁體中文
Caramel-y, fudgy, and ultra-rich, these Fudgy Caramel Chocolate Brownies are really not the regular brownies you would have in the restaurant!
Fudgy Caramel Chocolate Brownies
Yes, brownies again. I know. Maybe I eat them too often. But you cannot blame me for testing recipes right? And there is no such thing as “too many brownies.” Well … at least in my world. 😉
Even though they are brownies, they are not the regular brownies you usually have outside. They are super fudgy, caramel-y, and really healthy compared with regular butter-stuff brownies. And of course, they are vegan!
And what’s more great is that you only need 5 ingredients to put it together. One optional ingredient is salt since I really like to add everything with “a pinch of salt.” So that’s totally up to you (but highly recommended).
They are really dense, rich, and taste decadent. But in fact, they are actually not as decadent as you thought. The main ingredients for these brownies are dates, one of my favorite foods in the world.
This recipe is inspired by one of my favorite bloggers ─ Sadia from Pick Up Lime. The photos of her brownies look so enticing that I want to make a similar one. However, since I don’t have Medjool dates at hand, I use the smaller Deglet Noor ones and adapt accordingly.
I’m quite happy with the adapted result. These brownies really taste like a mini cup of caramel hiding under the chocolate brownies’ disguise. The addition of pecans also adds another caramel tone to these fudgy desserts.
I usually use walnuts in chocolate brownies recipes, but sometimes I change to use pecans for more caramel-like flavor.
These Fudgy Chocolate Brownies are really rich. Even a dessert monster like me couldn’t finish more than one square. It doesn’t mean that they are bad. It’s due to the fact that they are so rich that I usually feel satisfied before I bite in the second one.
They are not super sweet since there’s cacao powder to make the balance (I love this cacao powder), but they are really like the concentrated version of regular brownies thanks to the naturally uncannily sweet dates!
You could enjoy them warm or cold. I personally prefer to have them straight out of the fridge so they are more firm and not-so-sweet. And it’s summer now, so, yeah.
It might sound a little bit contradictory to love dessert “not-so-sweet.” But if you have tasted tons of overly sweet desserts, I think you would understand and agree with me.
Other brownies you might also want to try:
For now … Shall we?
溼潤蜜甜巧克力布朗尼 Fudgy Caramel Chocolate Brownies
- 90 g pitted dates 去籽椰棗乾, ~1 scant cup, soaked in 30 ml water for 10 minutes 浸泡於 30 ml 水中 10 分鐘
- 15 g almond flour 杏仁粉
- 20 g pecans 胡桃, toasted & roughly chopped, plus more for topping
- 25 g
cacao powder 生可可粉, or cocoa powder
- 20 g dark chocolate chips 黑巧克力豆
- A pinch salt 1 小撮鹽, optional
- Preheat the oven at 175 C / 350 F.
- Add the pitted dates with the soaking water to a food processor and process until they look like a puree. If your dates are too dry (like mine), add more water to blend. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the almond flour, toasted pecans, cacao powder, and salt. Continue to process until all incorporate together.
- Line the 20cm-long loaf pan with parchment paper. Remove the blade from the processing cup and scoop out the mixture into and pan.
- Smooth out the mixture evenly and add chocolate chips and pecans.
- Place into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes until they are firm. Let it cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes. Then it's time to cut into squares and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee. I like to enjoy them cold so I usually let it cool down completely and place into the fridge for 3 hours. 🙂