No, you didn’t read wrong. This vegan, eggless, dairy-free pecan mousse cake contains tofu! What’s more interesting is that it doesn’t taste like tofu, but more like a taro-y flavor. I think you would want to try this Vegan Pecan Tofu Mousse Cake!
Vegan Pecan Tofu Mousse Cake
但如果你已經有看過我一些食譜或文章，我想你在某種程度上對我已有些了解，因為我喜歡創造「非凡」的東西，所以 … 就有這全素胡桃豆腐慕斯蛋糕啦!
Normally I don’t spill “tofu” out at the beginning of the article. But this time I did because I really want to use tofu to grab the attention “at first sight.” Since normally people don’t add tofu to their cake, right?
Well, if you have read some of my recipes or articles before, you probably already know me at a certain degree. I like to make things “extraordinary.” So … Voila!
But honestly, could you tell that there’s tofu in this beautiful cake if I didn’t tell you first? I guess not. And even though I know, I don’t taste tofu either. It’s just a creamy, melt-in-your-mouth, satisfying mousse cake.
自從我轉變成全植物飲食者 (Vegan) 約一年，我愈來愈對全素/全植物甜點世界充滿信心與信念，裡頭不需要雞蛋、奶油，或是任何動物性製品來創造美味。
Since I’ve become a vegan for around 1 year, I’ve grown more and more faith in the vegan dessert world where eggs, butter, or any animal product don’t exist or need to cut in.
This Vegan Pecan Tofu Mousse Cake is a living example. It takes the creamy, soft texture from the tofu and the nutty, caramel flavor from the pecans to exhibit itself, in a delicious way.
I actually improvised this cake when I was in the kitchen. In fact, I was about to make a vegan black sesame flavored cake. But when I kept taste-testing in the process, my taste bud suggested that the flavor would not go well with black sesame. So I changed my mind.
Instead of using black sesame, I add in the toasted pecans. Why? Simple. Because I felt that pecans would go well with the flavor. The result is a little surprising to me because it carries a subtle taro flavor, which I’ve never tasted before and surely haven’t expected. But it’s good and I like it!
最近這幾天真的很熱，我也就都想吃特冰涼的東西，包含蛋糕。我最愛享用它的方式之一，是把它切塊後放到冷凍凝固，之後在享用前 1 小時放到冷藏解凍，這樣吃的時候，中間還是有點冷凍狀態，但一咬下時，它就在口感綿潤化散開來，就像是冰淇淋那樣!
Texture-wise, I think you could (or probably have) image by seeing the photos. It’s really creamy and silken-smooth.
It’s been really hot these few days, so I like to eat things extra-cold, including this cake. My favorite way to enjoy this Vegan Pecan Tofu Mousse Cake is to freeze it until firm, then let it defrost in the fridge for 1 hour. So the middle is still a little frozen but it really melts in your mouth when you bite in, like ice cream!
我希望你製作後，也會像我一樣，發現豆腐與其它植物性食材所能創造出的無限可能，如果你不太想信豆腐的話，我想說 … 相信我吧，或是至少嚐試看看!
I hope you will also find out the unlimited possibilities that tofu and other plant-based foods give us. If you don’t have faith in tofu, then I would say … have faith in me, or at least give it a try. 🙂
PS. 如果你有製作這個食譜，並打算分享在 Facebook 與 Instagram 上，別忘了 tag @Barrelleaf + #barrelleaf，我很愛看到不一樣的成品照、你的感想、或是有不一樣有呈現方式!
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag @Barrelleaf + #barrelleaf on Facebook and Instagram. I always love to see them. You could also share your thoughts or your creative way to make this cake!
完整食譜 How To Make
全素胡桃豆腐慕斯蛋糕 Vegan Pecan Tofu Mousse Cake
- 30 g rolled oats 傳統燕麥片
- 30 g walnuts 核桃
- 20 g pitted dates 去籽椰棗乾
- salt 鹽
- 100 g raw cashews, soaked 生腰果, soaked
- 150 g silken tofu 嫩豆腐
- 35 g pitted dates 去籽椰棗乾
- 40 ml full-fat coconut milk 全脂椰奶
- salt 鹽
- ½ tsp vanilla extract 純香草精
- 15 g toasted pecans 烤過的胡桃
- 將生腰果浸泡於飲用水中 3-5 小時，之後將水瀝乾
- 取一個 6 吋模，模底鋪烘焙紙，將底層混合物填壓入底部。冷凍備用
- 放入冰箱冷凍 3 小時，或至完全凝固。之後即可取出脫模，切塊享用
- Soak the cashews in water for 3-5 hours. Then drain out the water and give them a rinse.
- Then add the rest of the base ingredients. Continue to process until it becomes a wet bread crumb texture. The mixture should stick together when pressed between your fingers. Otherwise, add a dash of water to help binding.
- Grab a 6" pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Transfer the base mixture the pan and pressed down evenly. Place it in the freezer while we make the filling.
- Unpackage the tofu and let it sit for a while to let the water inside comes out. Or do your best to press out the water from it.
- Drain out the water from tofu. Then add it to a blender along with other ingredients, including cashews, pitted dates, coconut milk, salt, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Take out the pan from the freezer. Pour the mixture onto the base and spread it out evenly.
- Return to the freezer for another 3 hours or until the cake is completely set. Then you can remove it from the pan and slice to enjoy!