Read the post in: 繁體中文
Crunchy, oaty, and nutritious, these Crunchy Oat Squares are perfect for breakfast or with a bowl of plant milk. They are made with only 8 wholesome ingredients and done in 1 bowl!
Crunchy Oat Squares
I have been a cereal eater since I was a kid, no kidding.
I loved to have cold cereal or milk with corn flakes for breakfast. I’m not sure why, but I just love crunchy stuff. They always make me feel more satisfied and more like I’m eating food rather than swallowing them.
I still love them now, but I more like to try new things and experiment with different ingredients So here are the Crunchy Oat Squares that I’ve been testing and falling in love with a few weeks ago.
Watch How to Make Crunchy Oat Squares Here
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUNCHY OAT SQUARES
It’s made with only 8 ingredients and super high in fiber thanks to the oats. And if you’re an old friend here, you know that all ingredients are vegan/plant-based. Let’s see what do we need:
- Instant Oats: An easy-to-cook alternative to other types of oats. They’re more common in Taiwan than other oats as well.
- Oat Bran: add a different texture. It’s also high in fiber.
- Spelt Flour: acts as one of the binders in this recipe. You can also use whole wheat flour for substitution.
- Coconut Sugar: adds a nice sweetness and crunchiness to our oat squares. You can use brown sugar or raw sugar.
- Almond Butter: offers a hint of nutty flavor and good fat. Other nut butter can also work.
- Maple Syrup: add the pleasant sweetness to our oats. It’s my favorite liquid sweetener!
- Baking Soda: makes the squares not so heavy and dense.
- Baking Powder: serves as a similar role to baking soda but they act a little differently.
And, you know, I always add a pinch of salt to my food. 🙂
HOW TO MAKE CRUNCHY OAT SQUARES
It’s really easy to make these crunchy oat squares. Add you need to do is:
- Add the wet ingredients in a bowl. Mix.
- Add the rest ingredients. Combine all together.
- Press down into a mold or small pan. Bake for 15 minutes first.
- Remove from the oven and cut it into squares.
- Bake for another 15 minutes. Let it cool. EAT!
These oat squares are crunchy, oaty, and great for make-ahead breakfast or handy snacks. They’re not very sweet so I like to enjoy them with sweetened soymilk or oat milk.
I’m not sure how much is a serving because I’m a cereal monster. I’ll just say: Eat the amount that makes you feel good and listen to your body!
If you’re interested in more vegan breakfast recipes, check out:
Crunchy Oat Squares (vegan + 8 ingredients)
- Preheat the oven at 160 C / 325 F. Line a 6″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the almond butter and maple syrup. Mix to combine.
- Add the rest ingredients. Stir all together. Add the water a little at a time to adjust the texture. The mixture should stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- Transfer the mixture into the pan. Press it down firmly.
- Bake for 15 minutes first. Then remove from the oven and cut it into squares.
- Return to the oven to bake for another 15 minutes. Let it cool completely in the oven.
- Take the pan out and separate the squares if some of them are stick together. Serve with plant milk or eat them as they are. Enjoy!
- 烤箱以 160 C 預熱。取一個 6 吋長的長條麵包模，裡頭鋪烘焙紙
- 放入烤箱，先烘烤 15 分鐘，從烤箱取出，切出方塊的形狀
- 放回烤箱再烤 15 分鐘。讓它在烤箱裡完全冷卻
- Storage: Store in an air-tight jar on the counter for 2-3 weeks.
- Adapted from Better Homes & Garden