Read the post in: 繁體中文
Want some sweet in the morning? This Speculoos Cookie Butter Apple Oatmeal is here for you! The caramelly flavor combines with the sweet apple, this is a breakfast that tastes like a dessert in the morning.
Speculoos Cookie Butter Apple Oatmeal
A while ago, my friend Emilye gave me a jar of Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter to try. The flavor is really good, like, hell-yeah good. The flavor also inspires me to create something special. And, here is the cookie butter oatmeal in the picture.
What’s weird is that it let me think of making oatmeal instead of dessert first. (If you know me, you know.) But I think this Cookie Butter Oatmeal will be like a dessert in the morning. So I think it’s not conflicting, right? Anyway, here we go.
If you’ve tasted Speculoos Cookie Butter, which I bet you have, you should know its caramelly, sweet, adoring flavor. I mean, that’s really a thing to die for.
The caramelly aroma of cookie butter spread somehow makes me think of apples. I assume that the combination will be a good match-made-in-heaven in a bowl of oatmeal. And I think I’m correct.
Only 4 ingredients
You only need 4 ingredients to make this Speculoos Cookie Butter Apple Oatmeal (hmm… that name is a bit long). They are Apples, rolled oats, plant milk (any kind), and speculoos cookie butter.
One optional but highly recommended ingredient is ground cinnamon. As you might already know, I’m an addict to this ground cinnamon.
I think I’ve mentioned before that I’m not a big fan of oatmeal, but when there are apple and things I love involved, that’s an exception. This Speculoos Oatmeal is one of those exceptions.
I just find cook apples really my food and they go really well with cookie butter. You can also try to use other fruits of choice to see how it turned out.
For more oat-in-the-morning breakfast recipes, check out my Apple Raisin Oatmeal Porridge, Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Waffles, and Orange Apple Crisp. Ok, let’s make some oatmeal now. Shall we?
Speculoos Cookie Butter Apple Oatmeal (4 ingredients)
- ½ small apple 蘋果, cubed 切丁
- 45 g (½ cup) rolled oats 燕麥片
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) drinking water 飲用水
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) plant milk 植物奶
- 1 Tbsp speculoos cookie butter 餅乾抹醬
- A few dashes of ground cinnamon 肉桂粉, optional 非必要
- A handful of pecans 胡桃, toasted & roughly chopped, optional 非必要
- Heat a small pot over medium heat. Add the rolled oats and toast them for 30-60 seconds
- Add the cubed apples. Stir and cook for 30 seconds, then add the water and plant milk.
- Cook and stir until the oats are soft and most liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and stir in speculoos cookie butter.
- Pour into a bowl or a jar. Add some ground cinnamon, pecans, or other nuts if you like. Eat!
- 取一小鍋置於中火上加入。放入燕麥片，拌炒約 30-60 秒
- 放入蘋果丁塊，繼續拌炒 30 秒，加入加入水和植物奶
- Storage: Store in an air-tight jar in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- 保存：冷藏密封保存 2-3 天