Read the post in: 繁體中文
Crunchy, easy, and healthy, this Christmas Granola is full of dried fruits, nuts with an amazing aroma from the spices and orange. Want to start your day with a festive vibe? Have this!
I’ve been never so looking forward to Christmas as this year before. I mean, I was born in Taiwan and my family wasn’t that keen on western holidays (or even birthdays). But as I get older, I gradually realize that holidays are actually a time where people can celebrate and just be together.
And as I’m away from home, I also realize how important human connection is.
A while ago, a lot happened to me. A lot of misunderstandings and accidents happened to me, I felt quite lonely and helpless. But I’m really lucky to be born in this generation where people could be able to connect through the internet, where I found help and friends.
Anyhow, I really hope Christmas comes sooner. So my head is full of Christmas right now. I bet yours as well. And I think we shall start Christmas in the morning, so here is a festive Christmas granola.
- 100% Vegan, no animal products
- full of the aroma from the orange zest and spices
- crunchy with nuts & pumpkin seeds
Ingredients You Need
- Rolled oats (jumbo oats)
- Nuts (I like to use walnuts and pecans)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Mixed dried fruits (cranberries, cherries, currants, etc.)
- Mixed spice (pumpkin pie spice)
- Ground cinnamon
- Coconut sugar (or muscovado sugar)
- Vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- Maple syrup (for the best flavor!)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Orange zest (for the festive vibe!)
How to Make Festive Christmas Granola
It’s fairly simple to make! Basically, you just mix all the dried ingredients (except for the sugar) in a big bowl.
Warm and mix the rest ingredients in a small pan over medium heat. Add the wet ingredients to the dried ones. Mix them together evenly.
Then spread the mixture onto a lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven at 160°C/320°F for about 20~25 minutes until golden.
Let it cool in the oven for at least 10 minutes for the extra crunch. I usually let them cool in the oven completely so I can use every single energy left. (just try to cut down any waste)
Once it’s cool, you can use it as a breakfast topper with vegan yogurt or non-dairy milk. Or add them to whatever you like, or, just take a handful and put them into your mouth. I think it will remind you of Christmas no matter what you do!
How to Store Festive Christmas Granola
Like other granola, this Festive Christmas Granola can last for quite a long time. Just store them in an air-tight jar in a cool place. It shall last for at least 2 weeks. But if you’re living in a warmer place, I will suggest storing them in the fridge for the best crunchy texture and taste.
Questions You Might Have
Are there other subsitutions for vegan butter?
Yes, you can use coconut oil instead. But I’ve found that vegan butter really works best to add the festive, rich taste.
What types of dried fruits can I use for this recipe?
I will say ANY kind. But my top choices are usually dried cranberries, golden raisins, and currants.
I hope you will like this easy but festive granola. And wish this granola takes you to Christmas whenever you have it! And if you have any other questions or thoughts, let me know by commenting down below!
More Vegan Christmas Recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Cream Pie (Gluten-free)
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-free)
- Vegan Mince Pies (Gluten-free)
Easy Festive Christmas Granola (Vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F. Place a baking mat on a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, add the rolled oats, chopped nuts, dried fruits, mixed spice, cinnamon, and orange zest. Mix them together with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- In a small pan, add the sugar, vegan butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Warm it over medium heat until vegan butter is fully melted, stir occasionally.
- Pour the melted butter mixture into the dried ingredients. Mix all together evenly.
- Spread the mixture onto the lined baking sheet. Use a spatula to press the mixture down so they can stick together.
- Bake for 20~25 minutes until it’s golden in color. Let it stay in the oven for at least 10 minutes. Then wait until it’s completely cool.
- Serve with plant-based yogurt or milk, or whatever suits you!
- *Mixed dried fruits: You can use the dried fruits you like. I use raisins, dried cranberries, golden raisins, and currants.
- **Mixed spice: Mixed spice is usually a mix of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger. You can find it in most supermarkets in the UK. Or you can just use pumpkin pie spice or a pinch of each ground ginger, nutmeg, and clove.
- Storage: Store the granola in an air-tight jar in a cool place. It can last for 2~3 weeks.