Read the post in: 繁體中文
Creamy, rich, and flavorful, this Tahini Dressing is amazing with only 4 ingredients! It’s super easy to make, totally customizable, and goes well with almost everything!
Perfect Tahini Dressing
Tahini is one of those things that I didn’t fall in love with at first but totally hooked by now. Its earthy, slightly bitter flavor and creamy texture are perfect for making sauces.
In fact, you just need to add 3 ingredients to tahini to make an amazing dressing for your veggies, salad, falafel, or anything you like!
Watch How to Make It
KEYS TO MAKE AWESOME TAHINI DRESSING
To make an amazing tahini dressing, all you need is to build up the flavor with 3 ingredients consisting of 3 tastes:
You can choose your own ingredient to customize your tahini dressing. Here I list my favorite ingredients for making tahini dressing. But you can totally try to switch it up and see which combination is your favorite one!
MY FAVORITE INGREDIENTS FOR TAHINI DRESSING
- Tahini: the main ingredients to give out the richness and earthy flavor to our dressing. Tahini is just made by grinding sesame seeds. You can make your own but I personally love the taste of some store-bought ones.
- Soy Sauce: serves as the salty element in this dressing. It also adds the umami flavor to this dressing. You can also use liquid amino acid or tamari.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: adds acidity to elevate the whole flavor. You can also use lemon, lime, or other vinegar.
- Dates: balance this sauce with a little bit of sweetness. You can also use maple syrup or other sweeteners of choice.
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR TAHINI DRESSING
- Garlic: give it more flavor. Be it garlic powder, fresh garlic, or roasted garlic.
- Onion Powder: adds another depth of flavor.
- Ground Black Pepper: gives this dressing a little spicy undertone.
- Ground Flax Seeds: Add nutrition as well as thicken up the dressing.
HOW TO MAKE TAHINI DRESSING
It’s really easy to make the dressing. All you need is to blend all ingredients in a blender or simply whisk all together if you’re not using chunky ingredients like dates. Make sure you take out the seeds from the dates if you’re going to use, though.
- Add all ingredients along with some water to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste to adjust the seasoning to your own liking.
If you’re dressing is too watery, you can also add ground flaxseeds or more tahini at the final step to thicken up the sauce if you want. If you add the ground flaxseeds, let it sit for about 5 minutes after blending to do its magic.
This dressing can be used immediately, but I prefer to let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so to let the dressing thicken up. And I love cold dressing as well, so. 🙂
I love to use this tahini dressing for my colorful salad made of romaine lettuce, red cabbage, stir-fry carrot and onion, cucumber, beans, and some grains, such as quinoa, brown rice, chickpeas, pinto beans, etc.
That’s it! As long as you stick to the main idea of building up the main 3 flavors, you will have a great dressing. And you can also elongate the ingredient list by adding more flavorful seasoning to try out.
If you’re interested in more dressing ideas, check out:
Perfect Tahini Dressing (4 ingredients) 完美中東芝麻淋醬
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder 大蒜粉, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp onion powder 洋蔥粉, or more to taste
- ground black pepper 黑胡椒粉, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If you’re using syrup rather than dates, you can just whisk all in a small bowl.
- Taste to adjust the seasoning if you like. If you want the dressing to be thicker, you can add more tahini or whisk in 1-2 tsp ground flaxseed and let it sit in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- 試味道，依個人喜好調整調味料用量。若你想要讓醬料濃稠一些，可以再加中東白芝麻醬，或是混入 1-2 tsp 亞麻籽粉，冷藏 5-10 分鐘