Zesty, refreshing orange mousse and bitter-sweet chocolate cake, this Vegan Orange Mousse Chocolate Cake is another dessert that you might eat more than you think you would.
Vegan Orange Mousse Chocolate Cake
I assume that no one would say no to chocolate cake right? If you would, then how about the orange mousse layer on top? I mean, doesn’t it sound appealing? Well, at least that’s what I feel.
我想應該沒有人會對巧克力蛋糕說「No」，對吧? 如果你會的話，那麼加上橙香慕斯聽起來如何? 聽起來很吸引人對吧? 至少我是這麼覺得的啦。😉
This cake is vegan, which means no egg, no dairy, no animal product involved. But don’t assume that it would not be good because it is!
And I also add a secret ingredient to let it taste lighter but yet still creamy and fulfilling. If you’re familiar with my dessert recipes, you probably already guess the “uncommon” ingredient in the dessert world, which is … Tofu! Yes, you heard me right.
另外我也加了一樣「祕密食材」，讓這個全素橙香慕斯巧克力蛋糕吃起來清爽一些，但同樣有著綿潤、令人滿足的口感。如果你常看我的甜點食譜，那麼你可能已經猜到那一樣在甜點世界中「不尋常」的食材了，它是 … 豆腐! 沒錯，你沒聽錯。
No worries. You will not taste the tofu. In fact, if I haven’t told people there’s tofu in the ingredient list, I think they would not know that because to tofu is not here for flavor but for texture.
I really like the contrast between the bright yellowy orange mousse and the dark coffee-color chocolate cake. In fact, I’ve shared a similar combination before, which is a gorgeous, no-bake Vegan Double Chocolate Orange Cheesecake.
Different from that cake, this Vegan Orange Mousse Chocolate Cake is a half-baked dessert inspired by Mina Rome. I want to try the baked chocolate cake and adjust a little bit to create a lighter and more light a “whole-food-style” orange mousse to go with it.
What I mean by that is, instead of just using the juice of the orange, I also use the meat, so we include more fiber and reduce more waste, a win-win situation.
不同於那個蛋糕，這個全素橙香巧克力蛋糕是「半烤」的甜點，而會想製作它，是看到 Mina Rome 的烤巧克力蛋糕，讓我很想試試，而我有依經驗與喜歡調整，製作一個清爽、更接近「全食物」風格的橙香慕斯層來搭配。
I really love the orange mousse very much! It’s creamy, light, and full of orange flavor. I hope you could give it a try, at least the orange mousse part. I personally enjoy this cake very cold, taking a slice of the cake from the freezer to the fridge an hour before serving. The orange mousse will have an ice-cream like texture.
The chocolate cake part is mainly made of oats, so the texture is a little bit gooier than “normal” cake. But when you freeze it, it seems to bit not so gooier as at room temperature.
And if you want a different chocolate cake as the base, you can try my Flourless Quinoa Chocolate Cake or this Vegan Chocolate Cake. And if you have any thoughts or things that you want to share with me, feel free to leave comments below. 🙂
完整食譜 How To Make
全素橙香慕斯巧克力蛋糕 Vegan Orange Mousse Chocolate Cake
- ½ Tbsp ground flaxseed 亞麻籽粉
- 1.5 Tbsp water 水
- 45 g (½ cup) rolled oats 傳統燕麥片, or quick-cooking oats, ground
- 1 Tbsp corn starch 玉米粉
- 1 tsp baking powder 泡打粉
- 1.5 Tbsp
cacao powder 生可可粉, or cocoa powder 或熟可可粉
- 48 g (¼ cup)
coconut sugar 椰糖, or cane sugar
- A pinch of salt 鹽
- 1.5 Tbsp
cacao butter 可可脂, or coconut oil, melted 融化
- ½ Tbsp apple cider vinegar 蘋果醋
- ½ tsp vanilla extract 純香草精
- 120 ml (½ cup) plant milk 植物奶, I use soy milk
- 60 g raw cashews 生腰果, soaked for 3-5 hours 浸泡 3-5 小時
- A pinch of salt 鹽
- ½ orange 甜橙, zested then peeled (I use Navel orange)
- 60 ml full-fat coconut milk 全脂椰奶
- 60 g silken tofu 嫩豆腐, drained out the water and patted dry 瀝乾水擦乾
- 1.5 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
To make the chocolate cake
- Preheat the oven at 175 C / 350 F. Line the bottom of a 6" cake pan with parchment paper.
- Start by making the "flax egg": In a small bowl, mix the ground flaxseed and water. Set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the oat flour, corn starch, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Mix all together.
- Add the melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and plant milk. Mix to combine until no flour could be seen.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the pan onto a wire rack to cool down while we make the orange mousse.
To make the orange mousse
- Darin out the water from the cashews and give them a rinse.
- Add all ingredients to a blender to blend until smooth. Remember to add the orange zest.
- Pour the mixture onto the cooled chocolate cake. Smooth the top.
- Place it into the freezer for at least 3 hours or until set.
- Remove from the pan and zest or orange peel on top if you like. If the cake stay in the freezer too long, let it defrost in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- In the video, this recipe starts at 4:51.
Note: This page contains affiliate links, which support me with a small commission to produce more great content on this site at no additional cost to you. You could go to the Disclosure Policy Page for more information. Thank you for reading and supporting Barrel Leaf.