Read the post in: 繁體中文
Rich, smooth, and super satisfying, this Hot Chocolate always warm up my heart and body. And you only need 3 ingredients to make it in less than 10 minutes! Sure it’s vegan.
Vegan Hot Chocolate
As a chocoholic, I think there’s no other reason needed for me to make Hot Chocolate, right? I mean, it’s really just a liquid form of chocolate, to simply put.
I usually order hot cocoa or hot chocolate rather than coffee in cafes. The chocolatey and creamy, smooth texture always makes my day.
After becoming a vegan, I seldom go out to the cafes for hot chocolate because most of them are not vegan. So the simple solution is: make my own vegan hot chocolate!
It’s actually quite easy to make vegan hot chocolate and you only need 3 basic ingredients, no special equipment required.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN HOT CHOCOLATE
- Dark Chocolate: you got to use dark chocolate, preferably the one with 70% cacao content.
- Plant Milk: such as soymilk, almond milk, oat milk, walnut milk, rice milk, whatever non-dairy milk of your choice.
- Vanilla Extract: enhances the chocolatey flavor.
- Salt: just a pinch of salt will bring out more flavor. I list it as an optional ingredient but I always add a pinch of salt to my sweet food.
- Maple Syrup: if you don’t get used to the bittersweet dark chocolate flavor, or you use chocolate with higher cacao content, you might want to taste and add some maple syrup or sweeteners of choices to make it more palatable for you.
- Ground Cinnamon: gives the hot chocolate another sweet undertone. I love to use the Ceylon ground cinnamon because the flavor is milder and sweeter than other types of cinnamon.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN HOT CHOCOLATE
It’s really easy to make vegan hot chocolate within just a few steps:
- Melt the dark chocolate.
- Warm up the plant milk.
- Stir in the rest ingredients to the warm milk.
- Add the warm milk to the melted chocolate. Gently whisk to combine.
- Pour into your favorite cup. Enjoy!
That’s it! You can make a cup of warm, cozy hot chocolate within 10 minutes with only 3 ingredients. I mean, there’s no reason not to do it when you feel like some liquid chocolate, right?
I really love the rich chocolate flavor and texture. The bittersweet flavor is one of the things I need every single day. The whole thing just makes me feel so satisfied and even secured.
If you love chocolate as I do, you might also want to check out:
- Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No-Bake Hazelnut Chocolate Brownies (7 ingredients)
- Fudgy Avocado Chocolate Brownies
Vegan Hot Chocolate (3 ingredients) 全植熱巧克力
- 125 ml plant milk 植物奶
- 25 g dark chocolate 黑巧克力, 70%
- A hint of vanilla extract 純香草精
- A tiny pinch of salt 鹽
- A dash of ground cinnamon 肉桂粉
- maple syrup 楓糖漿, to taste 適量
- Chop the dark chocolate. Melt the chocolate with a double boiler.
- Warm up the plant milk in a small pot until bubble. Turn off the heat.
- Add the vanilla extract and other optional ingredients to the warm milk.
- Pour the warm milk to the melted chocolate. Gently whisk to combine.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!