Read the post in: 繁體中文
Need something peanut-y, easy to make, and delicious grab-and-go snacks? Here are the Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bars. They are made with only 7 ingredients and no baking required. So, peanut butter lovers, shall we?
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bars
If you know me well, you know I cannot live without peanut butter. I love its rich peanut-y flavor and natural sweetness. And I’ve been loving oatmeal bars for these few weeks, so I thought, why not make some peanut butter oatmeal bars?
Before I published this recipe post, I’ve actually made these peanut butter oatmeal bars several times. But every time I finished them too quickly to take photos that it’s till now this post happens.
Watch How to Make It Here:
INGREDIENTS FOR PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL ENERGY BARS
It’s vegan, made with all plant-based ingredients, and no-bake.
- Peanut Butter: the hero of this recipe and the thing I’ve been talking about all the time.
- Maple Syrup: gives these bars the right sweetness.
- Coconut Oil: makes these bars firmer. Don’t use other oil.
- Chia Seeds: add more nutrition and serve as the binder for these oatmeal bars.
- Rolled Oats: You can’t call these “oatmeal” bars without oats, right?
- Walnuts: add more texture, flavor, and omega-3 to our bars.
- Macadamia Nuts: add the buttery flavor and crunchy texture to these bars. You can try to use other nuts but it’s just … different!
The reason why they’re called “energy bars” is that they’re very nutritious with the nuts, seeds, and oats inside. I always use rolled oats in my energy bars because they have more texture compared with instant oats.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL ENERGY BARS
It’s really easy to make these oatmeal energy bars and all is going to happen in one bowl. It’s kind of a 5 minutes recipe but you do need to freeze it for 20-30 minutes to firm up.
- Mix the peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil together.
- Add the rest ingredients. Stir to combine well.
- Transfer the mixture to pan or mold and press down firmly.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Slice and EAT!
When to Eat Them? You’re the boss!
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are sweet on the spot with the slightly chewy texture from the oats and crunchiness from the nuts.
They are perfect as grab-and-go breakfast, snack, pre-workout food, or anytime you want. I personally love to enjoy them whenever I have peanut butter craving, which happens quite often, to be honest. :9
If you’re interested in quick and easy vegan snacks, you could also check out:
- Vegan Peanut Butter Mug Cake (8 ingredients)
- Chocolate Nut Crumble Mix (5 ingredients)
- Chickpea Cookie Dough (7 ingredients)
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag @Barrelleaf + #barrelleaf on Instagram. I always love to see them and to know how it goes.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bars 免烤花生醬燕麥能量棒
- 4 Tbsp peanut butter 花生醬, see note to read how to make nut butter
- 1½ Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- 2 tsp coconut oil 椰子油, melted
- ½ Tbsp water 飲用水
- 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds 奇亞籽粉, or flaxseeds
- A pinch of salt 鹽, optional
- 1 Tbsp walnuts 核桃, roughly chopped 略切
- 70 g (¾ cup) rolled oats 傳統燕麥片
- 2 Tbsp macadamia nuts 夏威夷豆, roughly chopped 略切
- In a big mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and water. Mix until all are combined.
- Add the ground flaxseed/chia seeds, walnuts, rolled oats, and macadamia nuts. Stir all together.
- Line the pan with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture in the pan and press them down firmly with a spatula or a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 20 – 30 minutes or at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Take out and remove it from the pan. Slice and ENJOY!
- 放入冰箱冷凍 20 – 30 分鐘，或冷藏至少 2 小時
- How to Make Nut Butter
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1 – 2 weeks in the freezer.
- 保存：放入密封盒中冷凍 2 週，或冷藏保存，約可放 1 星期