Read the post in: 繁體中文
Creamy, tangy, and super satisfying, this Vegan Cherry Black Forest Parfait is a perfect individual dessert for any time, well, especially for Valentine’s day!
Black forest cakes are probably one of the desserts that I didn’t love as a child but adore as an adult. The tangy taste from the cherry is something that I didn’t get it until I was old enough to appreciate.
But you know, most of the time I make food only for myself, and I’ve been testing a lot of recipes recently that my fridge doesn’t allow me to make a whole cake, so here is the plan B — Cherry Black Forest Parfait, and sure it’s a vegan one.
It’s made with only 10 ingredients and quite easy to put together. The most important thing is that it’s super creamy and delicious!
Watch How to Make Here >>
Ingredients You Need
- Cherry part:
- Frozen Cherries
- Maple syrup
- Lime juice
- Cream part:
- Raw Cashews
- Firm silken tofu
- Maple Syrup
- Apple cider vinegar
And we also need some chocolate cake. I’m using leftover homemade gluten-free Chocolate Cake. Gluten-free is not necessary for sure, so feel free to use any chocolate cakes or chocolate cookies you got.
Also optionally you can add a hint of pure vanilla extract and you might also need some water or plant milk to help blending if needed.
Oh, I also add some biscuit pieces just to make the whole texture more interesting. You can add that as well if you feel like it.
How to Make Vegan Cherry Black Forest Parfait
First, we need to make the cherry filling because it needs to cool down first. Then make the cream by blending the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Refrigerate both mixtures until they become viscous.
Finally assemble the parfait by layer the chocolate cakes, cream, and cherry filling in jars.
How to Store Vegan Cherry Black Forest Parfait
Store this parfait in air-tight jars or containers in the fridge. It should be fine for 3-5 days.
Questions You Might Have
Can I make it ahead of time?
Yes, actually, I recommend making the cherry filling and the cream the day before so it’s easier to put together the day after. Add some water to adjust the cream consistency if needed.
Are there other substitutions for tofu?
Coconut milk will be another option. It will make this parfait even creamier than it already is. But there will be a coconut-y taste in the cream, though. Just keep that in mind.
That’s it! I hope you will like this simple and delicious vegan cherry cream parfait. If you make them, tag me on Instagram @barrelleaf so I can see your work!
Other Vegan Desserts:
- Vegan Tofu Tiramisu (8 ingredients)
- Vegan Raspberry Mousse Chocolate Cake (gluten-free)
- Vegan Banana Cream Pie Cups (8 ingredients)
Vegan Cherry Black Forest Parfait (Gluten-free)
- 1/4 batch Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Cake, or any chocolate cake or chocolate cookies
- 90 g (1/2 cup) frozen cherries, *
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp lime juice, or lemon juice
- 70 g raw cashews, soaked for 3-6 hours
- 70 g firm silken tofu, drained**
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- Make the chocolate cakes or cookies ahead of time if they are not ready.
To make the cherry filling:
- In a small pan, add the frozen cherries. With low heat, cook them down to release their juice.
- Add the lime juice and maple syrup. Stir them together.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with a little bit of (~1 Tbsp) water. Then add it to the cherries. Cook and stir until it’s thickened.
- Turn off the heat transfer the mixture into a bowl. Let it cool down and store it in the fridge while we make the cream.
To make the cream:
- Drained out the water from the cashews and give them a gentle rinse.
- Add the pre-soaked cashews, drained tofu, and other ingredients into a blender to blend until smooth.
- Scoop out the mixture into a bowl and pop it into the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- Break some chocolate cake or cookies and put them into jars.
- Add some cream, then some cherry filling, and more chocolate cake or biscuit pieces.
- Then scoop into some cream and cherry filling again.
- And optionally add another cream layer on top and dust with some ground cinnamon.***
- *Cherries: I’m using sour cherries because that’s what I got at hand. You can use dark cherries.
- **Tofu: You can also use coconut milk instead of tofu for an even creamier version.
- ***Optional step: I make some extra cream and cherry filling to fill the jars (220 ml) to the top (and yes, mostly for photo). If you want to fill the jar as well, multiply all ingredients by 1.5.