Read the post in: 繁體中文
This One-Pot Red Lentil Tomato Stew is warm, hearty, and absolutely delicious! It got the creaminess from the red lentil and tons of flavor from the tomato and veggies. What’s more, all are made in one-pot!
One-Pot Red Lentil Tomato Stew
Once upon a time, I was obsessed with Carrot Red Lentil Hummus, so I bought a huge bag of red lentils and thought I could finish them sooner or later.
But you know, you never know what’s going to change or happen, no matter in life or in your body. I felled in love with salad this summer and didn’t get bored when I got 3 different delicious salad in turns. And the summer heat is scorching.
It’s not until these few weeks that the temperature has dropped down a little, plus the rain, that I finally start missing some cooking warming dishes. I’ve left my red lentil in the cabinet for quite some time, and I think it’s time to make something new. So here is this Red Lentil Tomato Stew.
I actually want to make this stew for a while. But you know, things don’t always roll out as we expected. I really feel that my diet habits change a lot this summer.
Before I started to cook, I have browsed some red lentil recipes online, but it turned out that I didn’t have certain ingredients in that certain recipe. So I thought I will just improvise and go with the flow. And you know what, it turns out awesome! At least that’s what I feel.
This recipe starts at 5:37
This red lentil tomato stew is really simple to make and all are happening in one big pot. The ingredients are also common and cheap, at least in my budget. BTW, I’m in Taiwan. Added with the right seasoning, this dish is really delish and warming, physically and mentally for me.
I like to enjoy this red lentil stew with cooked rice. You could also add it to a baked sweet potato too if you like. Sometimes I have them with Vegan Baked Beans, purple rice, or pita bread. Sure you could try more possibilities if you want.
紅扁豆蕃茄燉煮 One-Pot Red Lentil Tomato Stew
- 1 tsp oil 油
- 1/2 small onion 洋蔥, chopped 切丁片
- 1/2 medium-sized carrot 胡蘿蔔, cubed 切丁塊
- 60 ml green beans 四季豆, 1/4 cup
- 100 g raw lentils 生紅扁豆, 1/2 cup, soaked for 1 hour & drained 浸泡 1 小時後瀝掉水
- 180 ml water 水
- 1/2 can chopped tomato 切塊蕃茄, 罐頭裝, 200 ml
- 1 tsp tomato paste 蕃茄泥
- 1/2 Tbsp curry powder 咖哩粉
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- A pinch of ground black pepper 黑胡椒粉, to taste
- A pinch of salt 鹽, optional, depending on your tastes and the canned tomatoes 選加
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon 肉桂粉, optional 選加
- A few drizzles
coconut amino 氨基椰香調味醬, optional but highly recommended 選加但極推薦
- Add oil to a medium pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chopped onions and carrots. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add hot water to the pan to prevent sticking if needed.
- Then add in the green beans, lentils, and water. Cook for about 5 minutes until the lentils start to change their colors.
- Add the rest ingredients. Stir to combine. Cook for another 5-10 minutes until the lentils are soft and creamy. Taste to add more seasoning if you like.
- 取一中型鍋，放入油熱鍋。鍋熱後加入洋蔥、胡蘿蔔丁，拌炒約 1-2 分鐘。視情況加熱水入鍋防沾黏
- 放入所有食材，攪拌混合，繼續煮 5-10 分鐘，至扁豆軟化、綿潤。試味道可依個人口味再增加調味料
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4 days.