Hi, my dear peanut butter lovers, here is another delicious dessert recipe that uses our favorite peanut butter – Peanut Butter Ice Cream.
And it’s not the common ice cream that contains heavy cream or dairy milk. Instead, it’s vegan, dairy-free, and still so creamy and peanut-y that I believe many people wouldn’t know it’s vegan if you didn’t tell them.
Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream (5 Ingredients)
In case you didn’t know, here is a declaration: I love peanut butter. I mean, I really couldn’t imagine anyone holding the opposite view. If there is, I really doubt it. (Agree?)
So with the above declaration, I think there’s no excuse needed to make this heavenly Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream.
Only 5 Ingredients!
What’s more great is that you only need 5 ingredients to make it, with 1 special ingredient that is not-so-common in desserts. Have you guessed what is it?
而且更棒的是，製作它只需要 5 樣食材，裡頭還藏著一樣比較特別、在甜點界中較少見的食材；你猜到了嗎?
Yes, tofu. For old friends, I know that’s not very special as it was in my dessert recipe, but it really works, right?
For new friends (Hi there, I’m Nora), you might lift your eyebrows and have doubt about that. But don’t worry, you wouldn’t taste the tofu and you still got the delicious, creamy peanut butter ice cream.
而若你是新朋友 (Hi, 我是葉子)，你可能會抬起眉頭，對此有些疑惑與懷疑，但別擔心，你不會吃到豆腐的存在的，而是一樣濃郁美味的花生醬冰淇淋!
It’s quite easy to make as well. All you need to do is to throw all ingredients into the blender and blend, which is actually the blender is working. So, easy, right?
For the best result texture-wise, I would recommend using an ice cream machine if you have one. If you don’t own an ice cream maker, don’t go away yet. No worries, you could still churn it by hand. But keep in mind that you need a little bit more time and energy in this case. (But it’s worth it for delicious peanut butter ice cream, right?)
It’s quite firm but still so creamy that melts in your mouth. I kept it simple by only adding some cacao nibs on top of the additional texture, but feel free to drizzle more peanut butter or chopped peanuts on top if you like.
If you love peanut butter as I do, check out my No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bars, Coconut Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, and No-Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Pie. Glad to see you, my loving peanut-butter-tribe friend. Let’s do this! 🙂
完整食譜 How To Make
全素花生醬冰淇淋 Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream (5 Ingredients)
- 6 Tbsp peanut butter 花生醬
- 240 ml full-fat coconut milk 全脂椰奶, 1 cup
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- 120 g firm silken tofu 實嫩豆腐, drain out the water 盡可能濾掉水
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 純香草精
- 2 Tbsp
peanut flour 花生醬粉, optional, for more peanut-y flavor 選加
- A pinch salt 鹽, optional 選加
- If you are going to use an ice cream machine, put the ice cream machine canister (bowl) in the freezer for 12-16 hours before making the ice cream.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove the ice cream bowl from the freezer. Set up the machine. (I use this one)
- While the machine is on, pour the ice cream mixture into the bowl. Let it keep going for 10-15 minutes until the ice cream starts to firm up. If you don't use an ice cream machine, pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container. Place it into the freezer and take out to churn every 2 hours. Repeat for 3-4 times.
- You can enjoy it directly or transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze it for 2-3 hours to get firmer.
Note: This page contains affiliate links, which support me with a small commission to produce more great content on this site at no additional cost to you. You could go to the Disclosure Policy Page for more information. Thank you for reading and supporting Barrel Leaf.