I suddenly have a very strong craving for carrot cake, which I don’t know why, but here is the Vegan No-Bake Carrot Cake that I love every bite. I actually started to test recipes from baked carrot cake, but I failed to make the baked ones good enough to share. Then I convert to the no-bake path, and hey, it’s amazingly good and I regret that I didn’t make it sooner!
Vegan No-Bake Carrot Cake
This Vegan No-Bake Carrot Cake is raw, which says the ingredient list doesn’t include regular flour. It’s also sugar-free because it’s sweetened with dates. Most of the ingredients are my stables, so if you know me well, I guess you probably know a huge part of the list.
2019.04.07 Update – 因後來開始嚐試更進階的的攝影，錄時時也拍了新照片，有些舊照片就移在最下方嘍!
I top this vegan carrot cake with my Vegan Cashew Cream Frosting which I shared a while ago. And I also add some raisin and walnuts to elevate the whole texture.
Most carrot cake is made into a single layer, but I want to let it have an festive mood, so double layer it is!
The Vegan Cashew Cream serves both as topping and filling, strike the balance both visually and textually. Since it’s made without baking, the natural redness of the carrot really makes this cake shine, at least in my eyes.
這個胡蘿蔔蛋糕表面的 全素腰果奶油乳酪糖霜 我也有夾進胡蘿蔔蛋糕裡當成內餡，使視覺與口感上都變得更平衡。未經烘烤，紅蘿蔔的天然茄紅素讓這個蛋糕更繽紛顯眼。
Double-layered cakes really induce me into the festive season. I also feel that I really haven’t had a double-layered cake for a while. Even though the day I cut it is not any special day, I still felt so excited to cut this cake. Then I was thinking, maybe just let this cake celebrate its own advent.
You could put it into the freezer after icing the cake, but I really couldn’t wait to give it a taste, so, yeah.
I did buy a special ingredient for this cake: Ground Nutmeg, which is not very common in Taiwan. Hence, I bought it online. But lately, I found some bakery material shops did have them in a small jar. This is also my first time to taste nutmeg. It tastes spicy with a mild pepper undertone. Combine with ground cinnamon and ginger, the taste is really new to me. It’s also the taste that makes this Vegan Carrot Cake extraordinary, in my humble opinion.
為了製作這個胡蘿蔔蛋糕，我是有特別去買一樣食材：肉荳蔻粉 (Ground Nutmeg)。
I add chopped walnuts and raisins to both filling and topping. You can serve is cake strait out from the fridge or let it defrost for about 10 minutes if taking out from the freezer.
中間與表面我都有再加切碎的核桃與葡萄乾，豐富整體的口感。這個蛋糕冰冷凍或冷藏都可以，放冷凍的話，事先移到室溫 10 分鐘讓它稍微解凍，冷藏的話直接拿出來就可以吃了。
The vegan carrot cake has the “bite” texture and spicy taste. Together with the Vegan Cashew Cream, chopped walnuts, and raisin, this carrot cake really makes me smile at every bite.
I really had no idea that it would taste like this. And the Vegan Cashew Cream is a most in my opinion. So, make it and you won’t regret!
If you have many carrots at hand or you just want to see more carrot-related recipes, check out my Carrot Red Lentil Hummus and Carrot Oatmeal Bars. Both of them are worth a shot, too. For now, let’s do this!
全素免烤紅蘿蔔蛋糕 (無麵粉) Vegan No-Bake Carrot Cake (Gluten-Free + Raw)
- 1 batch
cashew cream cheese 全素腰果奶油乳酪糖霜
- A handful of walnuts 核桃, chopped 切碎
- A handful of raisins 葡萄乾
- Make the vegan cashew cream cheese frosting and let it sit in the fridge.
- Roughly chop the pitted dates in a food processor, then add other ingredients, including carrots, coconut oil, coconut flakes, desiccated coconut, walnuts, coconut flour, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Continue to blend until they stick together and become a dough. Stop and scrape down if needed.
- Line the bottom of two 6" pans. Divide the dough into 2 cake pan. Cover one of the cake with a generous amount of vegan cashew cream cheese as the filling. Insert some chopped walnuts and raisins into the cream cheese, then place the two pan in the freezer for 2 hours. Store the leftover cream cheese in the fridge.
- Take the 2 pans from the freezer. Remove the one that does not have cream cheese filling and place it onto the other. Return to the freezer for 3 hours or until the middle layer is completely set.
- Remove the cake from the pan. Spread more vegan cashew cream cheese as frosting on top*. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts and raisins on top. Slice and enjoy.
- *若有多的腰果奶油乳酪，別擔心，可以像我一樣留著一邊吃蛋糕一邊配 🙂
- 保存：密封冷凍保存，至少可放 2 星期，要吃前放入室溫或冷藏解凍
- If you have leftover vegan cashew cream cheese, no worry, you can eat them while eating the cake, as I did. 🙂
- Store the cake in the freezer. It could last at least for 2 weeks. Let it defrost in the fridge or at room temperature before serving.
- Adapted from Skinny Fitalicious