Want some caramel flavor in the morning or afternoon? These Vegan Chocolate Caramel Oat Bars taste are great options for you! With golden oat streusel, sweet caramel filling, and oatmeal crust, they just cannot go wrong. Let’s grab one of them when your sweet tooth cravings kick in.
Vegan Chocolate Caramel Oat Bars
These Vegan Chocolate Caramel Oat Bars are DIVINE, seriously. I feel it’s really “my food.” You know what I mean. 😉
這巧克力焦糖燕麥方塊真的、真的、真的非常美味! 它讓我覺得真的是「我的食物」。我想你應該知道我的意思的。 (眨眼)
They are consist of 3 layers: oatmeal crust, caramel filling, and an oat streusel topping. Sounds or looks complicated? No worries, it is actually very easy to make as long as you got a food processor and read the directions thoroughly.
它總共有 3 層：燕麥底層、焦糖餡層，以及燕麥酥碎表層。聽起來和看起來好像有點複雜? 別擔心，製作它其實很簡單，只要你有一台食物處理機，還有仔細看食譜就沒問題。
Both the oatmeal crust and the streusel topping use the same base but I add some extra ingredients to let the topping have more texture. And some extra chocolate chips are definitely welcomed.
These Vegan Chocolate Caramel Oat Bars hold themselves really nicely. You can take it as a grab-and-go breakfast if you will. (Yes, chocolate Bars in the morning. Why not?)
And these bars are delicious both warm or cold. You could reheat in the oven for 3-5 minutes or just enjoy them right from the fridge, which is what I usually do (because I’m lazy).
這個巧克力焦糖燕麥方塊熱得、冷得都好吃。若想吃熱的，你可以把它用烤箱再烤熱 3-5 分鐘，或是直接從冰箱拿出來就享用，通常我是以第二種方式享用。(因為我懶 : P)
The texture will be a bit different depending on the temperature you serve; they are more soft and crumbly when served warm and firmer when cold. So, I’ll say try both versions and see which one you prefer. Or don’t think too much because both versions are delicious in my humble opinion.
I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned before, but, anyway, I just want to tell you that I find myself loving the smell of oats very much these days. I mean, seriously, they got a special grain aroma that I fall in love deeply. And the flavor goes even deeper after baked.
The oatmeal crust is not very sweet to keep the balance with the caramel filling. But if you want them to a bit more naughty, you could add about 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar to adjust to your taste, as special treats or desserts anyhow.
I hope you love them as much as I do. But first, let’s make them, shall we?
燕麥底層並不會很甜，與中間的焦糖層搭配在一起剛剛好，但如果你想讓它變得更「頑皮」一點，那麼可以再添加 2 大匙的椰糖來增加到你喜歡的甜味，讓它變成一個特別的甜點。
完整食譜 How To Make
巧克力焦糖燕麥方塊 Vegan Chocolate Caramel Oat Bars
- 90 g (1 cup) rolled oats 傳統燕麥片, use gluten-free ones if sensitive to gluten
- 30 g (⅓ cup) quick-cooking oats 即食燕麥片, or chop rolled oats in a food processor for a few seconds
- ⅛ tsp salt 鹽
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed 亞麻籽粉
- 40 ml applesauce 蘋果醬, 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp
- 4 Tbsp
coconut sugar 椰糖, or date sugar/cane sugar
- 3 Tbsp
coconut oil 椰子油, melted
- 75 g (packed ⅓cup) pitted dates 去籽椰棗乾
- 3 Tbsp almond butter 杏仁醬, or peanut butter,
Homemade Almond Butter 自製杏仁醬
- 4 Tbsp water 水
- A pinch of salt 鹽
Add-ins for topping
- 1 Tbsp almond meal 杏仁粉
- 1 Tbsp rolled oats 傳統燕麥片
- 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips 黑巧克力豆
- 1 Tbsp almonds 杏仁, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven at 175 C / 350 F.
To make the crust
- Add the rolled oats to a food processor to ground into flour.
- Add all crust ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. The mixture should stick together when pressed together. Set it aside.
To make the caramel
- Add all ingredients to the same food processor to blend to as smooth as possible. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Line an 8" loaf pan with parchment paper. Take about ¾ of the crust mixture (I kind of eyeball it) to the pan and press down to form the base.
- Spread the caramel onto the base evenly.
- To the left crust mixture, add the almond meal, rolled oats, chopped almonds, and chocolate chips. Mix all together.
- Sprinkle the mixture onto the caramel layer. Gently press them down to stick to the caramel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until it's set and the topping is golden.
- Transfer onto a wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes to set before slicing. It's better if you let it stay in the fridge for a while so it gets firmer for cutting. It could be enjoyed both warm or cold.
- Storage: Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days or 2 weeks in the freezer.
- This recipe starts at 4:24 in the video.
Note: This page contains affiliate links, which support me with a small commission to produce more great content on this site at no additional cost to you. You could go to the Disclosure Policy Page for more information. Thank you for reading and supporting Barrel Leaf.