I have loved peanut butter since I was a little child. I often see some recipes online, and the idea of making peanut butter oatmeal bars has been on my must-have-to-do list for a while. In the last half month of 2016, I finally made them!
This recipe is adapted from this recipe I watched on YouTube, and it becomes my one-time favorite. It’s really easy and no baking is required. Most of all, it only takes 10 minutes (or less) to make!
In the making process, the fragrance of peanut butter keeps attracting me.
BTW, remember to use “natural” peanut butter, which should only have peanut or some sugar and salt on its label, no other stuff.
If you find natural peanut butter is not handy, you can also make it by yourself. In fact, I’ll always recommend making butter on your own.
This oatmeal peanut butter is refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and have no egg. Peanut butter is rich in protein and natural fats. The high content of vitamins and minerals in oats can give the body energy to get through the day. It’s really great for breakfast or snacks.
I don’t add dried cranberries every time. It’s prettier to have them, though.
Let’ do this!
(※ 引用食譜煩請註明出處與原文網址．勿拿此食譜行商業行為 ※)
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 作者 Author: 桶子葉 Barrelleaf / Nora Hsu
- 參考改自 Adapted from SparklesAndSuch26
- 食譜 單位標準&換算+常見問答集: Recipe Measurement+ FAQ
- 特別器具 Special equipment:
- Any container that can be stored in the fridge
- 食材 Ingredients:
- 燕麥片 (1/2 cup) 50 g rolled oats
- *亞麻籽粉 ground flaxseed * 2 Tbs + 2 tsp
- 椰子粉 (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut 8 Tbs
- 肉桂粉 ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp
- 鹽 pinch of salt 1小撮
- *花生醬 (1/4 cup) peanut butter 55 g
- 蜂蜜 honey 2 Tbs
- 香草精 vanilla extract 1 tsp
- *一小把香蕉脆片 a handful of banana chips
- 一小把蔓越莓乾 (非必要) a handful of dried cranberries (optional)
- *Both crunchy and smooth peanut butter work.
- *Make your own ground flaxseed by placing the flaxseed in a coffee/spice grinder.
- *You can sub chocolate chips for banana chips.
- 準備工作 Preparation
- Measure all ingredients
- If your dried fruits tend to be too big, roughly chop them before using them.
Place ground flaxseed, rolled oats, salt, cinnamon, and desiccated coconut in a large bowl. Mix well.
In another bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Then pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, mix well with a spatula or your hands. (Hands really work better in this case.)
Add the roughly crushed banana chips and dried cranberries, mix again.
Press them into the container with your hand. Place the lid on or wrap it well. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
I made them in the afternoon, so I refrigerate them overnight. This time I use a glass container, whose lid makes storing easier than using plastic wrap.
Remove from the fridge & cut into any shape you want.
Thanks for the flax seeds, these peanut butter bars can hold them together and make it easier to cut just in the container.
【實作影片 Watch How to】
- Storage: Store the leftover in the fridge for 5 – 7 days.
- Other No-Bake Snack recipes: Vegan Matcha Bliss Balls, Oatmeal Energy Balls (Vegan+ GF), Vegan Ferrero Rocher (Sugar-Free, GF)
- More Snack recipes: HERE
- More Vegan recipes: HERE
- My Tools, Equipment & Ingredient List: HERE
- This page contains affiliate links, which support me with a small commission to produce more great content on this site at no additional cost to you. Thank you for reading and supporting Barrel Leaf.
© barrelleaf.com 網站內所有內容與圖片均受版權保護。未經允許請勿使用。