Read the post in: 繁體中文
Rich in bittersweet chocolate flavor with a veggie inside, these Vegan Zucchini Chocolate Brownies are delicious with a nutrition-bonus. What’s more awesome is that you only need 8 ingredients to make them!
Fudgy Zucchini Chocolate Brownies
I love chocolate, so there’s no doubt that chocolate brownies are one of the foods I enjoy very much. I also like to have fun in creating different versions of chocolate brownies.
I’ve tried quite a few chocolate brownie recipes with different ingredients, like the ones using sweet potatoes, avocadoes, and dates. And this time, we’re going to use zucchini, aka courgette.
The idea of using zucchini is inspired by the internet. I mean, I just browsed around and found that many people using zucchini in chocolate brownies. That’s a sign that it will 99% work, at least that’s what I think.
After reading quite a few chocolate brownie recipes, I adapt a little according to my preferences as well as what’s in my kitchen.
It ends down to make with only 7 ingredients and 5 minutes for the actually working time. Sounds great, right?
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- Zucchini: the hero and secret ingredient for these chocolate brownies. You won’t taste it at all.
- Almond Butter: adds the mild nutty flavor.
- Oat Flour: builds up the body of these chocolate brownies.
- Cacao Powder: make the whole thing taste chocolatey.
- Vanilla Extract: enhances the cacao flavor.
- Maple syrup: brings them to the right sweetness.
- Dark chocolate Chips: they make almost everything better, right?
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
It’s really simple and quick to make these vegan zucchini chocolate brownies. All you need to do is:
- Chop the zucchini in a food processor finely.
- Add other ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Blend.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cool and dust them with more cacao powder. Done!
The result? I will say it really works! It’s firm outside but fudgy inside when warm. The sweetness is on the spot and super rich in cacao flavor. I will definitely make it again!
Other vegan brownie recipes you might also enjoy:
Vegan Zucchini Brownies (Gluten-Free) 全素櫛瓜巧克力布朗尼
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 175°C.
- Roughly chop the zucchini. Then add them to a food processor to blitz until all are shredded.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into the food processor. Continue to process until all combine. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. It should be runny and easy to pour.
- Bake at 175°C / 350 F for 20 – 25 minutes until it has a dry look. Then move onto a wire rack to cool down a little.
- Remove the brownies from the baking pan by pulling the baking paper. Sprinkle cacao powder and they are ready to be devoured.
- 烤模內鋪烘焙紙。烤箱以 175°C 預熱
- 將攪打混合物倒入鋪已烘焙紙模具中 (質地應該是呈水液狀)，放入巧克力豆
- 放入烤箱以175°C烘烤 20 – 25 分鐘，至外觀看起來有偏乾的樣子，從烤箱內取出，至於網架上稍放涼
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4 -7 days or 2 weeks in the freezer.
- Adapted from the Vegan 8.
- 保存：密封冷藏約 4-7 天，冷凍 2 週