Read the post in: 繁體中文
Warm, cozy, and fresh, this Tuscan White Bean Soup is an easy one-pot recipe made with 10 simple ingredients. You can enjoy it at any time when you feel like you can use a soup!
Vegan Tuscan White Bean Tomato Soup
I bought a huge can of white bean lately, so I started to think different ways of using it. I’ve use them to make delicious White Bean Cookie Dough, so I think it’s time for something salt.
The first thing came to my mind was White Bean Soup because I’ve been thinking to make it for ages.
There’re different kinds of white bean soup. Some are creamy, some are light. As the weather getting hotter, I’m feeling the light one more, so here is the Tuscan White Bean Tomato Soup.
This recipe is inspired by Blissful Basil‘s white bean soup recipe. But I adapted a little according to what I have at hand. It turns out really amazing and I’m sure I’ll definitely make it again.
INGREDIENTS FOR TUSCAN WHITE BEAN TOMATO SOUP
The soup is made with 10 simple ingredients. They are:
- Olive Oil: provides a slightly fruity undertone and satiety.
- Onion: add flavor and sweetness to this soup.
- Garlic: add the mild pungent note.
- Tomatoes: make this soup taste fresh and balanced.
- Vegetable Broth: gives this soup more flavor. If you don’t have it, you can just use water instead.
- Rosemary: add more depths to our soup.
- Thyme: serves really well in soup with its herbal flavor. It’s hard to find fresh thyme in Taiwan, so I just use thyme powder. But if you can find fresh thyme, grab and use it!
- White Beans: Another hero in this soup. They are super creamy in texture and add proteins to make this soup more satisfying.
- Kale: There’s no way wrong to add greens to your meal. Kale can hold its shape so it’s perfect for soup. It’s also a great source of iron, which I used to lack.
- Carrot: I want to say it’s optional but it’s really not for me. Carrot is sweet and it serves well in this white bean tomato soup to balance the sourness of the tomatoes.
Aside from the above 10 ingredients, you know that we all need a pinch of salt in our soup (and our life).
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN TUSCAN WHITE BEAN TOMATO SOUP
It’s really simple, one-pot soup recipe. You just need to:
- Sauté the onion and garlic with oil first.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Cook until they shrink down.
- Add rosemary, vegetable broth, and the rest ingredients.
- Cook until all ingredients are soft. Done!
This is a cozy but fresh tomato soup that are perfect for you when you feel cold but don’t want anything heavy. I recently like to enjoy this soup before having a salad so my body feel warm first. And it’s really a delicious soup that I think I can have at anytime.
I hope this soup will warm you up as it did to me too!
If you’re interested in more cozy vegan dishes, here are:
Vegan Tuscan White Bean Tomato Soup (9 ingredients)
- ½ Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil 初榨橄欖油
- ½ big yellow onion 黃洋蔥
- 2 garlic cloves 蒜瓣
- 480 ml (2 cup) chopped fresh tomatoes 新鮮番茄切塊, *
- 240 ml (1 cup) vegetable broth 蔬菜高湯, or water 或水
- 2 rosemary sprigs 迷迭香枝條
- ½ tsp ground thyme 百里香粉, use fresh thyme if you have 若有新鮮的就用新鮮的
- 1 can (14oz) white kidney beans 白腰豆罐頭, net wet 240g, drained & rinsed 濾掉液體後稍沖洗
- A handful of kale 羽衣甘藍, de-stemmed 去莖
- 1 small carrot 紅蘿蔔, ~100g, slice into half-moons 切半月型
- ¼ tsp salt 鹽
- Some freshly ground black pepper 現磨黑胡椒粉, optional 非必要
- Place a heavy bottom pan on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic. Sauté them for half to one minute. Add a dash of hot water to deglaze the pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cook until the tomatoes shrink down in size.
- Add in the left ingredients. Stir to combine and cook until all ingredients are soft.
- Taste to add more salt if needed. Serve warm.
- 取一厚底深鍋，以中火熱鍋，鍋熱後放入橄欖油，將洋蔥與蒜末炒香，約 30-60秒，加入一些熱水帶起鍋味
- *I use fresh tomatoes because that’s what I had at hand and I don’t want to make this soup too think. If you only got canned ones, they will work just as fine, but just be mindful that the final taste will be more tomato-y.
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4 days.
- Adapted from Blissful Basil