This post is also available in: 繁體中文
Warm-y, light yet creamy with pumpkin, this Vegan Pumpkin Mushroom Risotto is one of the comfy meal options for you in this autumn.
Vegan Pumpkin Mushroom Risotto
Pumpkin is one of my favorite root vegetables. I use pumpkin in soups, stir-fry, snacks, even desserts. (You couldn’t miss this vegan coconut pumpkin pie!) This time I was thinking about making something new, so here is this pumpkin mushroom risotto!
Honestly speaking, I was just using something I saw in my fridge that day, including pumpkin (for sure), mushrooms, coconut milk, and the rice in my pantry. I fall in love with risotto recently, so I was determined to make a not-so-common risotto by combining these ingredients.
There are different types of pumpkin in the market. I usually pick the most common one: Chinese pumpkin, but I actually love Kabocha, the Japanese type the most. Anyway, you could try to use different types of pumpkin or butternut squash in this recipe.
Different from common-seen pumpkin risotto, this vegan pumpkin risotto surely doesn’t have any dairy product and meat. I use lite coconut milk in this recipe so it carries a slight coconut-y undertone. If you’re not a big fan of coconut, you can also use unsweetened almond milk or veggie stock.
This risotto is quite simple in both ingredients and taste. It got the pumpkin, mushrooms, rice, and a bit of ground thyme (or rosemary would be great I think), with some basic ingredients like onion and garlic.
It tastes light compared with many pumpkin risottos from restaurants which usually use pumpkin puree and heavy cream. And I think it’s a great dish to kick start this autumn (or any others?) as well.
南瓜菇菇燉飯 Vegan Pumpkin Mushroom Risotto
- 2 tsp olive oil 橄欖油
- ½ large onion 洋蔥, diced
- 2 garlic cloves 蒜辦, minced
- 1 celery stalk 西芹, finely chopped
- ¼ small pumpkin 南瓜, chopped into small chunks
- 100 g cremini mushrooms 蘑菇, sliced
- 60 ml beech mushrooms 雪白菇, optional
- 100 g arborio rice 義大利燉飯米
- ½ tsp ground thyme 百里香粉, or 1 tsp dried thyme or 1 handful of fresh ones
- 300 ml (½+¼) lite coconut milk 淡椰奶, or almond milk
- salt 鹽, to taste
- ground black pepper 黑胡椒粉, to taste
- ½ – 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Start by chopping the vegetables and mushrooms.
- Add the oil to a non-stick deep pan or a small pot over medium heat.
- Once the pan is heated, add the chopped onion, garlic. Stir fry until they are fragrant.
- Add the celery and mushrooms. Keep stir fry until the mushrooms start to soften a bit. Then add in the pumpkin to join the stir-fry party. Add a dash of hot water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add the rice and ground thyme. Stir and cook for about 30 seconds. Then add the lite coconut milk a scoop at a time to cook the rice. Stir occasionally.
- Add the beech mushrooms to the pan to cook together.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast to your taste. Serve with more nutritional yeast flakes or vegan parmesan if you like.
- This recipe starts at 2:27.
Note: This page contains affiliate links, which support me with a small commission to produce more great content on this site at no additional cost to you. You could go to the Disclosure Policy Page for more information. You can also directly support us on Patreon. Thank you for reading and supporting.
註：此頁含聯盟連結，透過此連結下單，能撥出少許金額支持本站創作，對您來說並無任何額外支出。也可透過 Patreon 獲得更多獨家內容與提供實質的支持。謝謝你們!