Read the post in: 繁體中文
This Vegan Peanut Butter Mug Cake is delicious and super easy to put together in 5 minutes. It’s gluten-free, high-protein, and made with need 8 ingredients!
Vegan Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Have you ever wanted a cake but don’t want to make a big cake for a short craving? The one-serving mug cake is perfect for this situation. And it’s done in a microwave! Yet if you’re not comfortable using a microwave, just bake it in the oven.
I’ve wanted to make a mug cake for a long time, but I was often busy eating the leftover cakes from recipe testing. You know, that’s literally a sweet burden.
Yet I really wanted to make a mug cake the other day, so here it is! And the first flavor is going to be peanut butter because you know how I feel for peanut butter. 😉
Watch How to make it Here:
This Peanut Butter Mug Cake is vegan, meaning no egg, no dairy, no animal products.
It’s also kind of on the healthier side because it’s made without regular white flour, and table sugar. That’s a plus but I just love to use maple syrup and oat flour for more flavor.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER MUG CAKE
- Oat Flour: builds up the body for this mug cake.
- Peanut Butter Powder: gives this mug cake the deeper peanut-y flavor.
- Baking Powder: makes this mug cake fluffy.
- Vanilla Extract: adds the “je ne sais quoi” flavor.
- Maple Syrup: sweeten the cake to the right spot.
- Peanut Butter: a must in peanut butter cake!
- Plant Milk: the main liquid for this cake. You can use any kind of plant milk like almond milk, soy milk, hazelnut milk, etc.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: everything got better with chocolate, right?
You only need the above 8 ingredients to make this peanut butter mug cake, most of them are easy to find in the grocery stores.
And you know even though I don’t add salt in the list, I like to add a tiny pinch of salt to bring out the overall flavor as well.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER MUG CAKE
As I’ve mentioned above, this peanut butter mug cake is cooked in the microwave, which makes the whole process much quicker (done in 5 minutes) and door-oom-friendly. You’re just going to:
- Mix all dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a mug.
- Add the wet ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Let it sit for 1-2 minutes. EAT!
It’s really easy, right? However, if you have concerns about using a microwave, you can make the cake in a muffin cup or ramekin and bake it in the oven. Yet I have to remind you first that it will take more time in the oven than in a microwave. I share the details in the full recipe down below.
This Peanut Butter Mug Cake is full of peanut-y flavor, fluffy, sweet but not too sweet. It’s also a quick/lazy snack that you can make in 5 minutes, so why not?
If you are interested in more vegan snacks, check out:
- Chickpea Cookie Dough (7 ingredients)
- Black Sesame Energy Bars (5 ingredients)
- Chocolate Avocado Energy Bites
Vegan Peanut Butter Mug Cake (Gluten-free, 8 ingredients)
- In a mug, add the oat flour, peanut butter powder, baking powder, and salt. Give them a mix.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and plant milk. Mix to combine.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips. Save a little to sprinkle on top.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes on high heat (700W) or bake in the preheated oven at 175 C for 12-15 minutes.
- Let it sit for 1-2 minutes before digging in. Serve with a drizzle of peanut butter or vegan ice cream if you like.
- 放入微波爐，以大火 (700瓦) 微波約 2 分鐘，或放入預熱好的烤箱以 175 C 烤 12-15 分鐘
- 取出靜置 1-2 分鐘再開動。表面可以再淋上花生醬、或搭配 全素花生醬冰淇淋 享用