Read the post in: 繁體中文
Without egg and any animal product, this Vegan No-Bake Mango Mousse Cake is a summer delight with its fruity flavor and creamy texture.
Vegan No-Bake Mango Mousse Cake
If you often hang out in the market as I do, then you probably already notice that the mango season is officially coming! And this time, it’s exactly the hero in this Vegan No-Bake Mango Mousse Cake.
Eggless, Dairy-free, Plant-based
You should probably know that since I’m a vegan, there will be no egg, no dairy in this mango mousse cake, or any recipes in the future to come. But I’m just wondering if I didn’t tell people that this golden beauty is vegan, would people know that? Humm, that’s an experiment I would really want to try.
I like to combine different ingredients to create endless possibilities in terms of flavor and texture. In some way, I also want to take this vegan mango mousse cake as an example to show that we can use all plant-based food to make something exceptional and beautiful. This mango mousse cake is really stellar! (At least, in my opinion.)
I remember that I was not a big fan of mango, so I seldom bought mango before. However, I don’t know why this summer I really really craving them. So, I bought a few. Actually, not a few.
This time I use the common type of mango: Irwin mango. Irwin mangoes are really sweet. You can directly “smell” their sweetness a few feets away. That the sweetness we’re going to take advantage of, so there’s no need to add much sweetener to achieve a sweet, satisfying dessert.
One of the reasons for my love for Taiwan, my country, is the fruit. Even though we don’t have many berries, compared with other countries, as far as I know, we do get a bunch of fruits. And almost all of them are delicious! So it makes me more treasure every single time and opportunity hanging in the market.
BTW, I also have a huge craving for pineapple and papaya recently. They’re not cheap these few weeks though.
This vegan mango mousse cake is not complicated with 2 main layers.
- A Nutty Base with a subtle coconut-y aroma.
- A Creamy Mango Mousse Layer
- Topping (optional): Make it as you like. I personally like to add more fresh mango chunks to enjoy. 🙂
Due to the fresh mango in this cake, it tastes creamy, naturally sweet without any unpleasant feeling to the mouth. Along with the nutty base, the combination of coconut flavor and mango, it really tastes like summer. So … I often eat more than I thought.
If you’re interested in more vegan mango recipes, check out my Vegan Mango Sorbet, Mango Chia Pudding, and Summer Mango Crisp. Ok, shall we?
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag @Barrelleaf + #barrelleaf on Instagram. I always love to see them and to know how it goes.
全素免烤芒果慕斯蛋糕 Vegan No-bake Mango Mousse Cake
For the base 底層
- 30 g pitted dates 去籽椰棗乾
- 35 g walnuts 核桃
- 10 g shredded coconuts 椰絲
- 35 g rolled oats 傳統燕麥片
- A pinch salt 1 小撮鹽
For the mango mousse filling 芒果慕斯層
- 100 g raw cashews, soaked 生腰果, 浸泡於飲用水中 3-6 小時
- 1 medium mango 中型芒果, ~275 g
- 100 ml full-fat coconut milk 全脂椰奶
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- A pinch salt 1 小撮鹽
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream 椰子奶油, slightly melted if it's hard 若太硬隔水加熱融化
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or lime juice 新鮮檸檬汁 或 萊姆汁
- 將 1 個 6 吋圓模底層鋪烘焙紙，將底層混合物按壓放滿底層
- 將模具表面封住，放入冰箱冷藏 4 小時，或至完全凝固即可脫模，可再搭配新鮮芒果切塊享用
- Place a parchment paper onto a small baking sheet or a freezer-safe plate. Peel the mango and slice the meat from the seed. Chop the mango meat into big chunks and place them onto the lined pan. Put them into freezer for later use.
To make the base
- Add the pitted dates to a food processor and chop them into fine pieces.
- Then add in the oats, walnuts, shredded coconut, and salt. Continue to process until it becomes a bread-crumb-liked mixture. The mixture should stick together when pressed between your fingers. Otherwise, add a dash of water and process again to help to bind.
- Line the bottom of a 6" round pan with parchment paper. Transfer the base mixture to the pan and press down evenly with a spoon or your fingers.
- Place the pan in the freezer while we make the filling.
To make the mango mousse filling
- Drain out the water from the soaked cashews. Give them a gentle rinse.
- Remove the mango chunks from the freezer. Add them into the blender, along with coconut milk, maple syrup, salt, coconut butter, lemon juice, and the cashews. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the 6" pan from the freezer. Pour the mousse mixture into the pan. Slight wiggle the pan to even it out.
- Cover the pan and place it into the fridge for 4 hours or until set. Remove from the pan and add more fresh mango chunks to enjoy as you want!
- 保存：放入保鮮盒中冷藏保存 3-5 天
- Homemade Almond Butter
- Storage: Store in a food container in the fridge for 3-5 days.