This post is also available in: 繁體中文
Full of toasted hazelnuts flavor and chocolate chips inside, these Vegan Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of those things you need in your life! Well, at least mine.
Vegan Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
As you might have known, I’m a cookies lover. Or, putting it more precisely, I’m a cookie monster. I literally eat cookies every single day. And when I saw the bag of hazelnuts in my fridge, I was thinking, why I haven’t made some hazelnut cookies?
And you know what goes well with hazelnuts?
Yes, chocolate, the thing I love the dearest on the earth. So here are these amazing Vegan Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are vegan, meaning no egg, no dairy, no animal products involved.
Also, as I’m getting used to using oat flour and almond flour in baking, they’re also gluten-free without common wheat flour.
One thing to share. I recently found that a large portion of people have some assumptions (aka prejudice) on vegan food, such as “they will not be tasty” or “they will look differently.” But seriously, could you tell these cookies are vegan if I didn’t tell you?
Anyhow, I think most of you are already vegan and I just want to share this experience with you. And also let you know we can still enjoy delicious, beautiful cookies as vegans. ❤
These Vegan Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are crunchy, delicious, and smell really amazing! After I successfully made the first batch, I know they will appear again and again for the rest of my life.
Chocolate and hazelnut are a match-made-in heaven. I believe most of you will agree with me on this, right? If not, you can still make them and tell me what do you think of them. 😉
OK, shall we?
Some Final Thoughts:
- I’ve tried to reduce the amount of oil and syrup to suit my own taste and for health reasons. I don’t recommend to cut them down more because the flavor and texture will be affected.
- I haven’t used other flour substitutions so not sure how it will turn out differently. If you tried other replacement and have success, let me know. 🙂
How To Make
Vegan Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 96 g (1 cup) ground almonds 杏仁粉
- 20 g (⅛ cup) oat flour 燕麥粉, I use a grinder to ground rolled oats
- 36 g (3 Tbsp) tapioca flour 樹薯粉
- ⅛ tsp baking powder 泡打粉
- ⅛ tsp baking soda 小蘇打粉
- A pinch of salt 鹽
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- 40 ml (2 Tbsp + 2 tsp) coconut oil 椰子油, melted & cooled
- 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips 黑巧克力豆
- 2 Tbsp hazelnuts 榛果, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 純香草精, optional
- Preheat the oven at 175 C / 350 F. Line the baking sheet with a baking mat or baking paper
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour, oat flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix all together.
- In another small bowl, mix the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry one and mix to incorporate all until no flour can be seen.
- Mix in the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon to scoop out about a tablespoon of the mixture, roll the mixture between your palms, and press into the ideal thickness. Place the shaped cookies on the lined baking sheet, evenly spaced. These cookies will not spread much in the oven.
- Bake at 175 C / 350 F for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden brown. Leave them in the oven to cool completely (it's hard, I know).
- Remove from the oven and enjoy every bite! Store these cookies in an air-tight jar for about 2 weeks.
- 將烤箱以 175 C / 350 F 預熱；烤盤鋪烤墊或烘焙紙
- 放入烤箱，以 175 C / 350 F 烘烤 12-15 分鐘，置表面呈微棕金黃，烘烤完成後將餅乾留在烤箱內燜至完全放涼
Note: This page contains affiliate links, which support me with a small commission to produce more great content on this site at no additional cost to you. You could go to the Disclosure Page for more information. You can also directly support us on Patreon. Thank you for reading and supporting.