This post is also available in: 繁體中文
Gooey, chocolatey, and high in protein, this Vegan Molten Chocolate Cake is delicious and made with only 7 ingredients! One of them might surprise you!
Vegan Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake
So, we’re back on the chocolate wagon. I mean, I have never fallen off thereof. I just sometimes get distracted by peanut butter and matcha. (You know)
Anywho, here I’m sharing this unconventional molten chocolate cake that’s vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free. (Hi, my nut-sensitive friends! 🙂 )
I’ve wanted to make a molten chocolate cake for ages, but I wanted to make a special one, the one that’s made without eggs, milk, or common ingredients, the one that will surprise you. (Well, most of you.)
I’m weird, I know.
But I like it.
And I got totally inspired when I saw people use pinto beans in chocolate cake recipes on Pinterest. I was like, “Wow, that’s so cool.”
But most of the recipes I saw are not vegan. So here we are, with a molten chocolate cake made with pinto beans and other 6 ingredients.
I know that adding pinto beans in a dessert recipe sounds a little bit weird, but trust me, you won’t taste the beans at all. (At least I didn’t)
I started testing the recipe with only 4 ingredients, but the texture didn’t turn out really good. So I added a few, and I’m satisfied with the 7-ingredient version.
It’s not like the traditional lava cake that has melting chocolate coming out when you slice it. But the middle of the cake is pretty, fudgy and ooey-gooey. And the best part is the rich dark chocolate flavor that seems to make everything better.
I don’t know about you, but this cake is really a “bomb” for me (definitely in a good way). It gives me a new way to think of and use pinto beans.
And I hope you will smile with surprise when you take the first bite of this cake.
Vegan Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake (7 ingredients) 全植物無粉巧克力軟心蛋糕
- 100 g (3.5oz) 70% dark chocolate 黑巧克力
- 240 ml (1 cup) cooked pinto beans 煮熟花豆
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar 椰糖
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) aquafaba 鷹嘴豆水, or plant milk 或植物奶
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder 可可粉
- 1/4 tsp baking soda 小蘇打粉
- A pinch of salt 鹽
- Preheat the oven at 175 C / 350 F. Line a 6″ cake pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water or use a microwave. Once the chocolate has melted, set it aside to cool down a bit.
- In a blender, add the cooked pinto beans, coconut sugar, and aquafaba. Blend them together until smooth. (or as smooth as possible)
- Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and baking soda to the bean mixture. Blend to combine all.
- Pour the batter into the lined cake pan. Smooth the top evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is firm to touch. Remove from the oven, let it sit for 15-20 minutes before removing from the pan. Slice and dive in!
- 將烤箱以 175 C 預熱。取一 6 吋蛋糕模，模底鋪烘焙紙
- 將煮熟的花豆、椰糖、鷹嘴豆水放入食物調理機，攪打至滑順 (盡可能)
- 放入烤箱烘烤 30-35 分，至表面觸摸是乾、實的。取出置於網架上靜置 15-20 分鐘再脫模，切塊享用
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days or 2 weeks in the freezer. Reheat to let the molten cake get soft before serving.
- 存：冷藏 3 天、冷凍兩週。享用前再加熱軟化