Read the post in: 繁體中文
Crunchy with bitter-sweet chocolate flavor, these Vegan Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies are great snacks for chocolate lovers and Christmas!
Vegan Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies
First thing I wanna say: Merry Christmas! Why? Because these Vegan Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies are inspired by this giving and loving holiday. They are crunchy, chocolatey, and satisfying. They’re also gluten-free, so, you’re not left behind, my gluten-intolerant friends. 🙂
December is probably my favorite month of the year. For one, it’s winter and cold (I love cold weather than hot one). Second, it’s the month of Christmas!
Many people will exchange gifts. Aside from buying from the stores, it’s also great to make your own. And I was thinking … is there anyone who doesn’t love cookies? So here we got these Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies in sight!
These chocolate chip cookies are inspired by Christmas. But with chocolate chips inside and the bitter-sweet cocoa flavor, I believe that I will make them even if it’s not for Christmas.
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
These double chocolate chip cookies are vegan, meaning no egg, no butter, and not a single animal product involved. They’re built up with plant-based ingredients.
Even though they don’t have the traditional bakery stuff, trust me there’s no sacrifice on flavor. And I think if you don’t tell people that these cookies are vegan, they might never notice that.
Double Chocolate for Fully Chocolatey!
Besides Valentine’s Day, Christmas should also be the season full chocolate. So I not only add chocolate chips to the cookies but also include some cocoa powder to make it “double” in chocolate flavor.
Considering there are some people intolerant to gluten (though not many), I don’t use the common wheat flour this time. Instead, I combine 3 different flour to make it gluten-free but still crunchy like normal cookies.
As for the sugar, I use maple syrup and coconut sugar for a more deep flavor. If you don’t have them at hand, you could use other liquid sweeteners and sugar instead. It’s Christmas. Don’t overthink.
I also add some coconut flakes to these cookies because I was thinking to imitate the snowflakes. But they turned out a bit brown, though. Anyway, I hope you get it. The coconut flakes also add more texture to these cookies, so I don’t regret it at all.
It’s also really easy to make these chocolate chip cookies. Simply put, you just mix all ingredients in one bowl and shape them into cookie shape to bake. Sounds easy, right?
I have a confession to tell. Well, it’s not very important but I just want to tell you that the coconut flakes are supposed to symbolize snowflakes. You can tell it by looking at this picture, right?
But the coconut flakes get darken after baking, which I should have known but I didn’t. Anyhow, they’re still delicious.
I like to make smaller cookies with a tablespoon as the measurement for each cookie. But if you want to go big, feel free scoop out 2 tablespoons or so to create the ones for you.
These Vegan Double Chocolate Coconuts smells so good that I couldn’t help eating a piece after I finished baking at the night before shooting.
These cookies are my recent favorite. As Christmas is coming, they also serve great as a Christmas gift.
If you like chocolate or cookies as I do, check out my Vegan Spelt Chocolate Chip Cookies, Avocado Chocolate Brownies, and Raspberry Chocolate Muffins. Ok, shall we?
Vegan Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- 70 g (a scant ¾ cup) almond flour 杏仁粉, 建議使用脫皮杏仁粉
- 25 g (¼ cup) oat flour 燕麥粉, I use a grinder to ground rolled oats. 我用 研磨機 將 傳統燕麥片 磨成粉
- 10 g cocoa powder 可可粉
- 35 g tapioca starch 樹薯澱粉
- ¼ tsp baking powder 泡打粉
- ⅛ tsp baking soda 小蘇打粉
- A pinch of salt 鹽
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- ½ tsp coconut sugar 椰糖
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil 椰子油, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 純香草精
- 1 tsp orange extract 純香橙精
- 4 Tbsp coconut flakes 椰子乾片
- 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips 黑巧克力豆, or chopped chocolate
- 將烤箱以 175 C / 350 F 預熱
- 於另一碗中，混合楓糖漿、椰子油、椰糖、香草精、香橙精混合均勻 (有時候比較懶我會直接加入乾粉碗中 :P)
- 放入烤箱，以 175 C / 350 F 烘烤 12 – 15 分鐘，置表面呈微棕金黃，烘烤完成後將餅乾留在烤箱內燜至完全放涼
- Preheat the oven at 175 C / 350 F.
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour, oat flour, and tapioca flour. Then sift in the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix all together.
- In another small bowl, mix the maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and orange extract together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry one and mix to combine all.
- Mix in the coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the cookie mixture. Roll the mixture between your palms and press into a thick disk shape.
- Place the shaped cookies on the lined baking sheet, evenly spaced. These cookies will not spread much in the oven.
- Bake at 175 C / 350 F C for 12 – 15 minutes until slightly golden brown. Leave them in the oven to cool completely (have some chocolate cus this is the hardest part, lol).
- Once they are cool completely, remove from the oven and dive in. Store these cookies in an air-tight jar for about 2 weeks.
- 保存：剩下的放入密封罐保存，約可放 2 週
- Storage: Store in an air-tight jar for about 2 weeks.
*此篇為桂冠窩廚房邀稿合作，圖文皆為本人 Nora / Barrel Leaf 自由創作發想。 *此篇僅授權於窩廚房社群平台 ● 桂冠窩廚房 – Facebook