Read the post in: 繁體中文
Rich cocoa flavor with bittersweet dark chocolate chips inside, these Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are eggless, dairy-free, gluten-free, for the chocolate lovers and everyone!
Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you love chocolate as I do, you know there’s no excuse needed for these double chocolate chip cookies. No, actually, there’s no excuse needed for ANYONE because they’re really really good.
Plus, they’re vegan and gluten-free as well. So, hi, my gluten-sensitive friends. 🙂
If you’re familiar with my taste, you know that they are crunchy and not-too-sweet. Every bite is filled with the cocoa taste and chocolate, which stands for deliciousness, I believe.
Because the whole flavor comes to the cocoa powder you use, I recommend using the one you love the most. For the cookies in the picture, I use this high-quality cocoa powder. The other one I love to use in baking is the one from this brand.
The same goes for chocolate chips. I use 70% chocolate chips that’s a little bit bigger in size, so I roughly chop them before using them. Sometimes I just go with these regular dark chocolate chips, which make the whole process easier without any chopping work.
They’re also great holiday cookies on Christmas or big gatherings, super chocolatey, as you might have guessed and expected from good double chocolate chip cookies.
I really don’t have many words to say for them because they really speak by themselves. So I hope you can give them a try and let me know what do you think and how it went. 🙂
Okay, shall we?
Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-free)
- 35 g oat flour 燕麥粉, use a gluten-free one if sensitive to gluten
- 60 g ground almond 杏仁粉
- 35 g tapioca starch 樹薯粉
- 10 g cocoa powder 可可粉
- A pinch of salt 鹽
- ¼ tsp baking powder 泡打粉
- ⅛ tsp baking soda 小蘇打粉
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil 椰子油, melted & cooled
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- ½ tsp vanilla extract 純香草精
- 20 g dark chocolate chips 黑巧克力豆
- Preheat the oven at 170 C / 340 F. Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, add the ground almond, oat flour, and tapioca starch. Sieve in cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Use a fork to mix them together.
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix all to combine into a slightly sticky mixture.
- Stir in about half of the chocolate chips into the bowl. Save the rest for decoration.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture. Roll it between your palms and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat to finish all mixture.
- Press the cookie balls into round disks. Add the rest chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 170 C / 340 F for 12-15 minutes until they are dry to the touch. Let them cool in the oven completely and EAT.
- This recipe starts at 2:55 in the video.
- Storage: Store in an air-tight jar in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- 此食譜於影片 2:55 秒開始
- 保存：放入密封罐 2 週