Read the post in: 繁體中文
If you love pumpkin and creamy curry as I do, you don’t want to miss out on this Vegan Pumpkin Yellow Curry!
Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Yellow Curry
This recipe is inspired by a discussion that I had between me and a friend. We talked about the idea of being home and having dinner with family. Then it brings me back to the time when I was little when I enjoy dinner with my family.
I tried to think about one dish that’s quick and easy to make so my working parents didn’t spend too much time cooking but staying and talking with us. the kids. So I thought of curry.
When I was little, we often had curry at our house by using the store-bought curry roux because it’s really easy and quick to make. However, most of the curry roux in the market have additives or animal products. Then I was thinking, does it have to use those store-bought curry roux? The answer is no.
As I cook more and have fun in the kitchen these days, I find that we don’t need to use the curry roux to make a great curry. This pumpkin yellow curry is one of the pieces of evidence. And it’s sweet, nutritious, suitable for everyone.
Since we’re not going to use store-bought roux and flour to thicken this curry, I was thinking about the creaminess of cooked pumpkin, so here we are! Thanks to the natural sweetness from the pumpkin, we don’t need to add much sugar to achieve the delicious balance.
This recipe is adapted from one of my favorite bloggers Minimalist Baker. I adjust a little according to what I have at hand and my own preferences.
I love pumpkin, be it in savory dishes or desserts. If you’re interested in more pumpkin recipes, check out my Vegan Tomato Pumpkin Chili, Roasted Pumpkin Salad, and Vegan Coconut Pumpkin Pie. Ok, shall we?
Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Yellow Curry
- ½ Tbsp oil 油
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic 蒜末
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot 紅蔥頭碎
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger 薑末
- 1 Tbsp curry powder 咖哩粉
- ½ tsp ground turmeric 薑黃粉
- 300 g pumpkin 南瓜, chopped into small chunks 切小塊
- ½ 顆 red bell pepper 紅甜椒, sliced 切條
- ¼ tsp salt 鹽
- ground black pepper 黑胡椒粉, 適量
- 300 ml full fat coconut milk 全脂椰奶
- 100 ml water 水, more for stir-fry 另加額外拌炒時用
- 1 tsp coconut sugar 椰糖
- 60 ml peas 豌豆, or other cooked beans
- 240 ml broccoli florets 青花椰菜
- 1 Tbsp lime juice 檸檬汁
- 接著放入南瓜丁塊、甜椒片塊、鹽、黑胡椒粉，拌炒約 5 分鐘，至南瓜開始熟軟，視情況可添加適量水
- 加入咖哩粉、薑黃粉，拌炒約 10 秒鐘，之後放入全脂椰奶、水，拌炒混合均勻，煮至南瓜軟化，
- Add oil to a deep frying pan or big saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the minced garlic, shallots, and ginger. Stir-fry until they are fragrant. Add some water to deglaze the pan and to prevent they stick to the pan as needed.
- Add the pumpkin chunks, bell pepper slices, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes until the pumpkins start to get softened. Add more water if needed.
- Add the curry powder and turmeric. Stir fry for about 10 seconds. Then add in the coconut milk and water. Stir to combine and cook until the pumpkins are fork-tender.
- Stir in the coconut sugar. Taste and add more salt or black pepper if you feel like it.
- Add the beans and broccoli florets. Cook until the broccoli florets are soft.
- Add in the lime juice, stir to combine, and enjoy with rice or bread.
- This recipe starts at 6:15 in the video.
- Storage: Store in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker
- 此食譜於影片 6:15 開始
- 保存：密封冷藏 3-5 天