This post is also available in: 繁體中文
Creamy, rich, and pumpkiny, this Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake is a delicious, no-bake fall dessert that you can make to impress people!
Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
Recently, I just feel like a lot of pumpkin sweets. Besides pumpkin pie, I also want to make a pumpkin cheesecake for a long time. And since I’ve become a vegan, there’s no dairy, no egg, no animal product in this cheesecake. And it’s also no-bake (gluten-free).
This Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake is inspired by Paleo Running Momma. I found the color of dark chocolate and pumpkin makes a super great contrast.
And when I think of the combo of pumpkin and chocolate, I assume it would be great. And it’s always a good thing to sneak a vegetable into the desert, right?
I want this Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake to have different textures and layers, so I adjust the ingredients and ratio, plus add some additional ingredients to elevate the flavor.
One of the things I add is orange juice because when I think of a cheesecake, it should carry a bit tangy flavor. This addition really makes a difference in flavor, which is what I never had before.
Because I was too eager to taste this pumpkin cheesecake, I didn’t let it sit in the freezer long enough. So the middle part is still a bit soft, but anyhow I can deal with that. It all comes to the taste.
This Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake has 4 layers:
- A nutty base
- A cashew cream cheese layer
- A pumpkin cheesecake layer
- A dark chocolate topping.
I sprinkle some fleur de sel on top for decoration as well as to give the chocolate layer a boost.
The pumpkin cheesecake layer is made of pumpkin puree, orange juice, pumpkin pie spices, etc, to make it taste pretty exotic.
The creamy texture is created by cacao butter. If you have a hard time finding it, you can use coconut oil instead. But if you can, I’ll say go for cacao butter. The texture is really better.
This Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake is really one of a kind. I hope you can give it a try and let me know what do you think. In the meantime, you can also check out my No-bake Vegan Pumpkin Pie, Vegan Chocolate Spiced Pumpkin Caramel Bars, and Vegan Spiced Pumpkin Pie.
How To Make
全素巧克力南瓜乳酪蛋糕 Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
For the base
- 30 g (¼ cup) almonds 杏仁
- 30 g (¼ cup) walnuts 核桃
- 20 g (⅛ cup) pitted dates 去籽椰棗乾
- ½ tsp coffee powder 咖啡粉
- ½ tsp drinking water
- A pinch of salt 鹽
For the “cheesecake” layer
- 140 g (1 heaping cup) raw cashews 生腰果, soaked for 3-5 hours then drained 浸 泡 3-5 小時
- 2 Tbs cacao butter 可可脂, or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp lemon juice 檸檬汁
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 純香草精
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon 肉桂粉
- A pinch of salt 鹽
- 60 ml (¼ cup) unsweetened soy milk 無糖豆漿, or other non-dairy milk
Add-ins for pumpkin layer
- 165 g (¾ cup) pumpkin puree 南瓜泥
- 4 Tbsp orange juice 柳橙汁
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice 南瓜派香料粉, see note*
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- 取一個 6 吋蛋糕模，模具底層鋪烘焙紙
- 將腰果、融化的可可脂、楓糖漿、檸檬汁與香草精放到高速食物調理機中，攪打至滑順，再取出冷凍的模具，取適量腰果乳酪混合糊 (可以蓋住底層的量) 填入模具中、鋪蓋住底層並抹平，再放回冷凍庫冷凍 20-30 分鐘
- 將南瓜泥、柳橙汁與南瓜派香料粉加入剩餘的腰果乳酪糊中，用調理機混合攪打均勻，再鋪入模具中，蓋過原味腰果乳酪層，鋪平，再冷凍 30-60 分鐘或至南瓜乳酪層大略凝固
- 將冷凍庫的蛋糕取出，將巧克力層混合物鋪平於乳酪層上頭，再用保鮮模封蓋住模具，放入冷藏至少 4 小時
- Line the bottom of a 6" cake pan with parchment paper.
To make the base:
- Roughly chop the pitted dates in a food processor. Mix the coffee powder and the water first, then add it along with other ingredients for the base to the food processor, and continue to process until the mixture can stick together when pressing between your fingers. Stop and scrape down the sides if needed. If you find the texture is too dry, add some water to help to bind the mixture.
- Press the base mixture into the mold. Freeze while we make the cheesecake layer.
To make the Cashew cheesecake layer:
- Drain out the water from the soaked cashews, give them a rinse.
- In a blender, add the cashews, cacao butter, maple syrup (4 Tbsp), lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Take out the pan from the freezer, pour some cashew cheesecake mixture (enough to cover the base) into the pan and smooth it out. Return to the freezer to freeze for 20-30 minutes until set.
- To the leftover cashew cheesecake mixture in the blender, add the pumpkin purée, orange juice, pumpkin pie spice, and another 2 Tbs maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the pumpkin cheesecake mixture onto the cashew cheesecake layer. Smooth the top then return to the freezer for another 30-60 minutes or until the pumpkin cheesecake mixture is almost set.
To make the Chocolate cream layer
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until all combine. Do not over-mix.
- Take out the pan in the freezer. Pour the chocolate cream mixture onto the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the pan. Sprinkle some fleur de sel. Slice and Devour!
- 剩下的蛋糕密封冷藏保存，約可放 4 – 6 天，冷凍一個月，要吃前再拿到冷藏或室溫解凍
- *Pumpkin pie spice: You can use store-bought or your own RECIPE HERE
- **Coconut cream: Refrigerate one canned coconut milk overnight. When about to use, open the can and scoop out the thick/ hard part for use. Save the leftover part for smoothies or other recipes.
- Store the leftover cake in the fridge for 4 – 6 days or 1 month in the freezer. Defrost them in the fridge or at room temperature before serving.
- Adapted from Paleo Running Momma.