Read the post in: 繁體中文
Do you agree that chocolate with hazelnut is a match made in heaven? If you do, then you probably don’t want to miss out on this delish Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake!
Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream Cake
I love the combination of chocolate and hazelnut. I mean, who doesn’t? [ Hi, Nutella lover 🙂 ] But they usually combine together. So this time, let’s have something a little bit different, shall we?
When I saw this Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake, I was like, that’s definitely the cake I want to eat every single day. This is also the first reaction when I saw Stacey Horler‘s beautiful raw chocolate hazelnut cheesecake.
I want to make that, but, as usual, I add a little bit twist to make it more budget-friendly and nutritious with a not-so-common ingredient inside.
When I said this, is there anyone already guessed what it is? If you do, then you really know me well.
The thing is … tofu! Yes, you heard me right. But don’t get fussed about that because you won’t taste it at all, at least I didn’t.
This cake is probably one of the most delicious desserts that I’ve eaten. I know that it might sound a little bit unconvincing because I made this cake, but seriously, it’s that good! It’s …
It totally reminds me of the ice cream bars that I used to love before I became a vegan. It has the nutty and rich flavor from the hazelnut butter and the chocolate ganache on the top that just like the shell of the ice cream bars.
I really enjoy this cake after taking it out from the freezer and let it defrost for about 5 minutes to have the ice cream texture. It tastes really indulgent, which is what I love about and what makes me feel satisfied. I hope you would like to too!
全素巧克力榛果冰淇淋蛋糕 Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream Cake
- 20 g pitted dates 去籽椰棗乾
- 40 g walnuts 核桃
- 10 g rolled oats 傳統燕麥片
- salt 鹽
- 1 tsp cacao butter 可可脂,
or coconut oil 椰子油
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder 生可可粉
- 1 tsp drinking water 飲用水
- 100 g raw cashews 生腰果, 1 cup, soaked in water for 3-5 hours 浸泡於飲用水中 3-4 小時
- 4 Tbsp hazelnut butter 純榛果醬, *see notes
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- 1 Tbsp cacao butter 可可脂
- 90 g silken tofu 嫩豆腐, drained
- ⅛ tsp salt 鹽
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract 純香草精
- 45 ml unsweetened soy milk 無糖豆漿, or other plant milk
- 50 g dark chocolate 黑巧克力, 70%
- 1 Tbsp cacao butter 可可脂,
or coconut oil 椰子油
- ⅛ tsp salt 鹽
To make the Truffles
- In a food processor, add the pitted dates and process to chop the dates into fine pieces.
- Add other ingredients except for the water. Blend to chop all together.
- Add 1 tsp water at a time and blend to bring the mixture together. It should be able to stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a plate or a baking sheet. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball and place it on the plate. Repeat to finish all mixture.
- Place the truffles into the freezer while we move on.
To make the Base
- Repeat the same step as we've done to the truffles. However, the mixture should be a little bit drier than the truffle.
- Line the bottom of a 6" cake tin. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and place it to the freezer when we make the filling.
To make the filling
- Darin out the water from the soaked cashews and give them a rinse.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove the cake tin from the freezer then pour the filling mixture into the pan. Gently shake the pan to let the mixture even out.
- Return to pan to the freezer for 4 hours or until it's set. Then it's time to make the ganache.
- Melt the dark chocolate and cacao butter together by using a double boiler.
- Then you want to move fast for the follow steps. Remove the cake tin and the truffles from the freezer. Pour about 90% of the ganache on the cake and wiggle the pan to let the ganache spread out.