Read the post in: 繁體中文
With homemade raspberry jam inside and chocolate sauce on top, this Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake looks stunning with different layers of flavor. If you love the combination of berry and chocolate, look no further!
Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
A while ago, I fell in love with the combination of chocolate and raspberries. The richness of chocolate adds an interesting flavor to the sour berries.
As I was fumbling in my freezer the other day, I saw the bag of frozen raspberries again. And you know what? I feel like some cheesecake, so here it is.
And of course it’s vegan, meaning no egg, no dairy, no animals involved. Period.
I want to make a vegan raspberry cheesecake, not a whole cheesecake made of raspberry, though. I want them to scatter in the cheesecake.
I google for some inspiration and the pictures by Pies and Tacos look so stunning that I want to make it similar to that as well.
I tweak a little according to my preferences and what I have at hand. Even though this cheesecake looks a bit messy, it’s beautifully messy, in my eyes.
This vegan cheesecake is made of 3 layers:
- A cacao nutty base that tastes like raw chocolate brownies
- A raspberry scatted cheesecake layer that got a secret ingredient
- A rich chocolate sauce topping that I can definitely eat on its own
The raspberry part in the cheesecake layer is homemade raspberry jam, which is actually really simple to make. But if you’re short on time or for whatever reason you don’t want to make it yourself, you can totally use a store-bought one. Make it work for you.
Although it might look a little complicated, trust me it’s not. Most of the work is blending and stirring, probably some pouring as well. The longest part is freezing because this cheesecake does need some time to set up.
And, let’s begin. Shall we?
Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- 30 g (a packed ¼ cup) pitted dates 去籽椰棗乾
- 45 g (½ cup) rolled oats 傳統燕麥片
- 45 g (½ cup) ground almond 杏仁粉
- 5 g (a scant Tbsp) cacao powder 生可可粉
- A pinch of salt 鹽
- A bit of drinking water 飲用水
- 125 g frozen raspberries 冷凍覆盆莓
- 1 tsp water 水
- ½-1 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿, adjust to your taste
- ¼ tsp arrowroot starch 葛根粉
- 60 g raw cashews 生腰果, soaked in water for 3-5 hours 浸泡於水中 3-5 小時
- 4 Tbsp full-fat coconut milk 全脂椰奶
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice or lime juice 檸檬汁
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 純香草精
- 85 g (3 oz) silken tofu 嫩豆腐, drained and squeeze out the water as much as possible
- 3 Tbsp full-fat coconut milk 全脂椰奶
- 20 g dark chocolate chips 黑巧克力豆
- 1 tsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
To make the base
- In a food processor, add the pitted dates. Chop the dates into fine pieces.
- Add the rest ingredients. Continue to process until the mixture comes together.
- Line the bottom of a 6-inch cake pan. Transfer the mixture into the pan. Press it down to form the base. Place the pan into the freezer while we make other parts.
To make the raspberry jam
- In a small pot, add the frozen raspberries and water. Place the pot over medium heat.
- Once the raspberries start to release their juice, add the arrowroot and maple syrup.
- Cook and stir until the mixture starts to thicken. Turn off the heat and set it aside to cool down.
To make the cheesecake
- Drain out the water from the soaked cashews. Give them a rinse.
- Add the soaked cashews and the rest ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the freezer. Pour the mixture into the pan. Give it a gentle shake to even it out.
- Drop a few dollops of raspberry jam onto the cheesecake filling. Use a knife to draw some small circles to create swirls.
- Return the pan to the freezer for a least 2-3 hours.
To make the chocolate sauce
- Pour the coconut milk and maple syrup into a bowl over simmering water.
- Once the coconut milk is hot, add the chocolate chips. Let the chocolate chips sit for a minute before stirring to combine.
- Remove from the heat. Let it cool down for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the freezer. Add the chocolate sauce on top. Spread it out. Add more raspberries on top if you like. Slice and enjoy with more raspberry jam if you like.