Read the post in: 繁體中文
These Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes only need 7 ingredients and very easy to make. They are delicious bases that you could add things like maple syrup and berries to bring it up. They are also freezer-friendly and great for busy people who don’t have time to make breakfast every day.
Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
Honestly speaking, I’ve wanting to make these Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes like for ages. But when I got addictive to overnight oats or oat milk with homemade granola (especially this chocolate one), there seems no room for these pancakes for that time being. But here we are!
Only 7 ingredients!
As previously mentioned, these vegan pancakes only require 7 basic ingredients and really simple to make. You don’t need any special gadget for them as well. All you need are a mixing bowl and a non-frying pan. Oh, and one fork and a spatula. Done.
Oh, and they are vegan, of course. No egg, no dairy, no cruelty here.
They are specially made with buckwheat flour, which makes them friendly to gluten-sensitive friends. But if you’re not sensitive to gluten and don’t have buckwheat flour at hand, you could use regular flour as well. Just keep in mind that each flour has its own characteristics and the result might taste differently.
I like foods that got a “bite” texture, so these buckwheat pancakes are not very soft. But for those who enjoy a softer texture, I got you. I will share another soft pancakes recipe in the future, hopefully very soon.
I personally love to enjoy them with maple syrup, berries, and almond butter. The combination of the sweetness from maple syrup, sourness from berries, and richness from almond butter is seriously heavenly for me.
I didn’t sweeten these pancakes that much to keep them the neutral side so they are more versatile. You could add salty toppings to make them into a meal if you like. But if you know me well, you would know that that’s not a common scenario in my life. : )
I love sweet stuff but my palate doesn’t on the very-sweet zone. I think you probably could feel that if you’ve made some of my dessert recipes. If you feel that it needs more sweetness, then just add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup to suit your taste. Again, make it work for you, not me.
I like my pancake on the thin side, so I usually let them spread out quite a lot. But if you prefer thicker, just do the opposite of what I do: don’t let them spread that much. The pancake batter is quite thick, so you should be able to control it before it spread out.
This recipe makes about 4 pancakes, 2 servings (with additional toppings). But if you’re really hungry and have them all, that’s totally fine. I would probably just suggest you double the recipe so you could have more and store in the freezer for the rainy day.
If you are a brekkie person like me, then you could go here to check out more breakfast recipes. For quick and easy breakfast recipes, I would first commend the Peanut Butter Overnight Oats and 3-Ingredient Rawnola. I make them quite often and hope you got time to try them too. OK, let’s do this!
全素蕎麥鬆餅 Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes (7 Ingredients)
- 1/4 banana 香蕉, medium size 中型
- 120 g
buckwheat flour 蕎麥粉, 1 scant cup
- 1 tsp baking powder 泡打粉
- 1/4 tsp salt 鹽
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed 亞麻籽粉
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- 200 ml unsweetened soy milk 無糖豆漿, 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup or other plant milk of choice*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 香草精, optional 非必要
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, add the buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt, and ground flaxseed. Give them a mix.
- Then add the mashed banana, maple syrup, soy milk, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Let the pan get heated.
- Once the pan is heated, pour about 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the batter into the pan. Wiggle the pan to let them spread out into your ideal thickness. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes until the edges start to firm up and you could see some bubbles on the surface.
- Flip to cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. Take out that pancake and repeat to finish all batter. I make about 4 medium-large pancakes.
- Layer them up and add maple syrup or any toppings to like.
- 鍋熱後，倒入約 60 ml (1/4 cup) 的麵糊，稍微搖晃鍋子讓麵糊擴散開來，煎約 3-4 分鐘，至邊緣開始凝固、表面有泡泡
- 翻面再煎 1-2 分鐘，之後取出鬆餅。重覆此動作至完成所有麵糊