Read the post in: 繁體中文
Do you want some delicious and healthier chocolate brownies? Try this Vegan Black Bean Chocolate Brownies! They are rich but not overpowering sweet. With black beans sneaked inside, these brownies are also packed with nutrients.
Vegan Black Bean Chocolate Brownies
I’ve been thinking about making vegan chocolate brownies with black bean, and in fact, I really “bean” there. But the previous results were not great. And this time, I finally make “the” Vegan Black Bean Chocolate Brownies that I kind of non-stop eating.
They got two things that I personally think delicious brownies should have:
- Rich chocolatey flavor
- Fudgy & firm texture
I don’t like food get too soft, which also apply to brownies, so these brownies are fudgy yet with a “bite” texture. If you prefer extra fudgy, you could probably reduce the baking time. However, I haven’t tried to do so since that’s not what I want. So it’s time for you to cultivate the relationship with your oven, I guess. 🙂
Even though I’ve spilled “the black bean” out, I think you probably would not know that these brownies are made of black beans. At least I don’t taste them. The key points are:
- Using your favorite cocoa or cacao powder. (I love the flavor of this one)
- Making them with a blender
Trust me on this because I’ve been trying to use a food processor to do the work for a few times but they didn’t turn out great. So, I’ve told you, if you want to try.
Walnuts are not only one of my favorite nuts, but also one of those things go really well with chocolate brownies, in my humble opinion. And, you know, there’s never too much chocolate chips, right? 😉
These brownies can be enjoyed both warm or cold. They get softer and richer when warm, firmer and lighter when cold. I personally love them cold because I like the “bite” texture.
But when I want something really rich with chocolate flavor, I just microwave them for about 10 seconds or warm them in the oven for a few minutes to let the chocolate chips melt.
Some Final Thoughts:
- I cook my own black beans, but you can also use a canned one. Just remember to give them a rinse after draining because the canned ones usually contain salt.
- I only add the chocolate chips on top but feel free to stir in extra chocolate chips into the brownie batter for a richer chocolate flavor.
If you love chocolate brownies as I do, I’ll also recommend to try out the Vegan Fudgy Avocado Chocolate Brownies, No-Bake Chocolate Brownies (with delish silk chocolate frosting), and Caramel Marbled Chocolate Brownies.
全素黑豆巧克力布朗尼 Vegan Black Bean Chocolate Brownies
- 240 g cooked black beans 煮熟黑豆, ~from a 400 ml canned black bean
- 140 g pitted dates 去籽椰棗乾
- 10-12 Tbsp water 水
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 純香草精
- 1/2 tsp baking powder 泡打粉
- 8 Tbsp cacao powder 生可可粉, or cocoa powder
- A pinch salt 鹽
- 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds 奇亞籽粉
- 3 Tbsp peanut flour 花生醬粉, or 2 Tbsp peanut butter 或 2 Tbsp 花生醬*
- 4 Tbsp walnuts, chopped 切碎核桃
- 4 Tbsp dark chocolate chips 70% 黑巧克力豆
- 將烤箱以 175 C / 350 F 預熱
- 放入烤箱烘烤 20-25 分鐘，至表面偏乾、用刀子插入中間無溼液體沾黏
- 取出，置於網架上讓它稍放涼 5-10 分鐘，再放入你的口中
- Preheat the oven at 175 C / 350 F.
- Add the black beans, water, pitted dates, and vanilla extract to a blender to blend together. Recommend to use a tamper if you got one. Stop and scrape down the side as needed.
- Add in the salt, cacao powder, ground chia, and peanut butter flour. Blend again to incorporate them.
- Grab a loaf pan or small baking sheet. Line the pan with parchment paper. Transfer the brownies mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the walnut pieces and chocolate chips on top and push them a little bit inside the chocolate brownies mixture.
- Place it into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes until the surface is a little bit dry and you can insert a fork into the center with no liquid attached.
- Remove from the oven. Place onto a wire rack to let it cool for 5-10 minutes before putting them into your mouth. 🙂
- 我手邊還有先前買的花生醬粉，想用完它，也可以用純花生醬替代，但因為花生醬本身就有流動性，因此水的份量可能要減少到 6-8 Tbsp
- 此食譜份量可做出照片中布朗尼 2 份
- 保存：放入密封盒中冷藏保存 3-5 天；冷凍 2 週
- I still got some peanut flour which I bought a few months ago and want to use it up. You can use pure peanut butter instead. But since peanut butter is on the liquid side, you probably want to reduce the water to between 6-8 Tbsp.
- This recipe yield 2 batches of the brownies in the photos.
- Storage: Store in the food container in the fridge for 3-5 days or 2 weeks in the freezer.