Read the post in: 繁體中文
Creamy, light, and refreshing, this Vegan Avocado Key Lime Pie is a super great dessert for summer or whenever you want some creamy, sour sweets! It’s a no-bake and quick-to-make dessert that tastes AMAZING!
Vegan Avocado Key Lime Pie
This Vegan Avocado Key Lime Pie is inspired by the Vegan Lemon Pie I shared a while ago. I love the sweet and tangy flavor of the lemon pie so much that I want to make a dessert that has a more prominent character, which brings us to this Key Lime Pie.
I was browsing online for key lime pie recipes and found that many people use avocados in it. So I decided to give it a try, and it turns out amazing!
This Avocado Key Lime Pie is made of a nutty based and a sweet, tangy key lime filling. It’s vegan, meaning no egg, no dairy, no animal products.
The avocado filling is adapted from Pretty Pies. I adjust and improvise a little according to my liking. One of the ingredients I add that really makes a difference is Tofu.
I know. It’s really uncommon, but it works! At least I’m pretty satisfied with the result.
It doesn’t require baking and is pretty easy to make. All to need to do is toss ingredients in a food processor and blend, in the simplest way to say.
But some details do require attention, such as draining out the water from the tofu and make sure your avocado is ripe but not too ripe. And let the pie completely set in the fridge before removing from the pan.
I was too eager to eat it that the center of the pie was not completely set yet. Nevertheless, it’s still delicious.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN AVOCADO KEY LIME PIE
- Blitz the base ingredients in a food processor and press them into a cake pan.
- Blend the filling ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the filling mixture into the pan and refrigerate until set.
- Grate more lime zest on top and EAT!
Even thoug avocado is a fruit, it’s high in fat, which gives this pie the richness we want. I add some tofu to make the texture lighter.
The juice and zest from the key lime make it super refreshing. I love this key lime pie and I hope you will love it too!
Vegan Avocado Key Lime Pie (No-Bake)
For the base
- 30 g walnuts
- 15 g almonds
- 15 g pitted dates
- 5 g desiccated coconut
- A pinch of salt
For the key lime avocado filling
- 135 g avocado, net weight ~ ½ large one
- 1+½ Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp lime juice
- 50 g silken tofu
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ lime zest, plus more for topping
- Line the bottom of a 4-inch cake tin with parchment paper.
- To make the Base
- Roughly chop the pitted dates in a food processor. Then add other ingredients and continue to process until the mixture is sticky and can stick together when you press them between your fingers.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Make sure you press them firmly so they can stick together. Then place it into the freezer while we make the fillings.
- To make the Avocado Lime Filling
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Take out the pan from the freezer. Pour the filling mixture into the pan.
- Gently drop the pan on the counter a few times to remove air in the filling and smooth the top. At this point, you can grate some lime zest on top too.
- Place it into the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight until it is completely set.
- Remove it from the pan. Grate more lime zest on top. Slice and enjoy.
- The avocado filling is adapted from Pretty Pies
- Storage: Store the cake in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.