This post is also available in: 繁體中文
With the nutty peanut butter flavor and sweetness from the jelly, this PB&J overnight oats is an easy way to transform your American old-time favorite combo into overnight form!
PB&J Overnight Oats
Even though I wasn’t born in America and haven’t even been abroad yet, PB&J can be seen across the globe, thanks to the internet. I’ve seen them in many sitcoms and recipes across Google search.
Here is a thing I want to confess first.
I don’t think I need to explain why I love peanut butter. (And who does that?) But I have to say that I was not very into peanut butter and jelly (PB&J) as a kid.
Watch How to Make – PB&J Overnight Oats
I remember when I was like 12 years old or so, I made a PB&J sandwich and ate it. Then, my first thought is: Why is the jelly there to ruin my peanut butter?
But, you know, everything can change, so do people. I tried the combo the other day and it turned out not bad. No, actually, it’s good!
In hindsight, I think maybe the little me put too many jam/jelly in my first homemade PB&J. Or I just use a bad or wrong jam. Anyway, I found that I actually love it!
As I’m super into overnight oats lately, I was thinking, why not make PB&J overnight oats. So here we are.
The overnight oats are made with 6 basic ingredients and you can top anything you want, as always.
It’s also super easy to put together, literally. You just mix some ingredients in a jar the night before.
Put it in the fridge. Take it out then add your topping. BAM! A delicious PB&J Overnight Oats is ready to serve (or devour).
I love to add extra peanut butter, maple syrup, and some dark chocolate (why not?). And sometimes I also add peanut butter puff cereal to give it the crunchiness I adore.
This is a basic recipe that you can tweak as you want. If you take the first bite and feel like more peanut butter or/and jelly, don’t hesitate. Add it/them.
With the peanut butter and berry jam inside, this is literally a PB&J in oatmeal form.
I hope you will enjoy this simple yet still delicious recipe. And if you do try it, let me know what do you think or how do you do your own by commenting down below or tagging me (@barrelleaf) on Instagram! 🙂
Interested in more vegan breakfast recipes?
- Chunky Monkey Granola (6 ingredients)
- Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Waffles (7 ingredients)
- Vegan Gluten-free Banana Bread
PB&J Overnight Oats (Vegan, 6 ingredients) 花生醬果醬隔夜燕麥粥
- 90 g (1 cup) rolled oats 傳統燕麥片, use gluten-free if allegic
- 2 Tbsp ground chia seed 奇亞籽粉
- 1 tsp peanut butter 花生醬
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- 400 ml (1+ 2/3 cup) plant milk 植物奶
- 1/2-1 Tbsp raspberry jam 覆盆子醬, or other berry jam
- fresh/frozen berries 冷凍莓果
- maple syrup 楓糖漿
- peanut butter 花生醬
- dark chocolate 黑巧克力
- The previous night, add the rolled oats, ground chia seed, peanut butter, maple syrup, and plant milk in a jar. Mix evenly. It will look quite liquid. It’s normal. Don’t worry.
- Place the jar into the fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.
- In the morning, take the jar out and add toppings you like. EAT!
- 放入冰箱冷藏一晚，或至少 4 小時
- Storage: Store in an air-tight jar in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- 保存：密封冷藏 3-4 天。