Read the post in: 繁體中文
Do you love carrot cake? If you do, I think you will like this No-Bake Carrot Oatmeal Energy Bars as well. They are not only delicious, but also nutritious, which is definitely a plus for a snack, right?
No-Bake Carrot Oatmeal Energy Bars (Vegan)
It seems like I often have a strong craving for certain food from time to time. Recently, it’s energy bars. And I miss my No-bake Vegan Carrot Cake as well, so here is another recipe using carrots: Carrot Oatmeal Energy Bars.
The main ingredients in these Carrot Oatmeal Bars are oats with fresh carrots, nuts, and some plant-based ingredients I often use. They are vegan, meaning no egg, no dairy, no animal product.
These Carrot Oatmeal Bars are also gluten-free because they’re no-bake. If you’re very sensitive to gluten, remember to use gluten-free oats, though.
I love foods that have some crunchy texture, so I include some of my favorite nuts ─ pecans, walnuts, and almonds. I also use some coconut flakes to add another layer of flavor and texture.
Due to the natural orange color of the carrots, these energy bars look orange-yellowy. I really eat a lot of carrots in these days. Does carrot addictive? (Just kidding 😉)
Pack with Plant-based Nutrients
Don’t think they are plain because of their looks. They are actually packed with a lot of nutrition from oats, nuts, and seeds. They are really a satisfying package. This recipe is adapted from Mile’s video I recently found on YouTube with a little adjustment.
Oh, right. Now I usually use rolled oats, which is not very common in Taiwan yet. If you still don’t know their difference, you can read more in this article: Rolled Oats VS. Instant Oats.
Build Depth of Flavor with Natural Spices
They are chunky and full of flavor from the carrots, dates, and natural spices, which is a must in the recipe for me.
If you’ve read my No-Bake Carrot Cake, you probably have known those spices: Cinnamon and nutmeg. They really bring these Carrot Oatmeal Bars to the next level. I also think it’s those spices that make these bars taste “less carrot.” I think you know what I mean, right?
Great as Breakfasts or Snacks!
These Carrot Oatmeal Bars are great for make-ahead breakfasts or snacks. You can make them when you have time and freeze them. When you feel like something carrot-y (is this a word?) or too busy to make breakfast, grab some of these carrot oatmeal bars and go! Let them defrost before enjoy, though.
When I bite into these carrot oatmeal bars for the first time, I got deja vu. As I chew on, the sweetness and texture make me take my second bite like no time.
If you are a busy person and love carrots, these No-Bake Carrot Oatmeal Bars are here for you!
More Vegan Breakfast/Snack Recipes:
No-Bake Carrot Oatmeal Energy Bars
- 2 Tbsp pitted dates, (~21 g)
- 2 Tbsp walnuts
- 2 Tbsp pecans
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 240 ml shredded carrots, (1 cup)
- 90 g rolled oats, (1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8-/14 tsp ground nutmeg, adjust to your taste
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Chop the pitted dates and nuts finely. Then transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add shredded carrots, rolled oats, sliced almonds, coconut flakes, desiccated coconut, salt, cinnamon, and ground nutmeg (all ingredients EXCEPT coconut oil and maple syrup) in a big bowl. Mix them together.
- Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix evenly.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan firmly, making sure they stick together.
- Place the pan in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or 10 minutes in the freezer. Take it out and remove from the pan. Cut it into bars or squares. Eat!
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-5 days or 2 weeks in the freezer.