Read the post in: 繁體中文
Combined with cacao/chocolate flavor and coffee taste, these Mocha Overnight Oats are one of the best rich, sweet, satisfying breakfast choices for you! And you only need 7 ingredients and less than 5 minutes.
I think most of you already knew, but I’m going to say it again anyway: I love chocolate.
So there’s not a chance for me to say no when I know I can add chocolate into breakfast, aka my favorite meal of the day.
I know it might sound too good to be true, but it really feels like having desserts for breakfast. And I’m definitely not complaining about it.
Watch How to Make – Mocha Overnight Oats
INGREDIENTS FOR MOCHA OVERNIGHT OATS
These Mocha Overnight Oats are thick, sweet, but healthy-ish, considering what we’re going to put into the jar: Oats, chia seeds, nut butter, maple syrup, etc.
All you need are 7 basic ingredients for the mocha overnight oat mixture:
- Rolled Oats: make up the creamy, thick overnight oat texture.
- Chia Seeds: help binding ingredients and create more creaminess. They are also a great addition of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Nut/Seed Butter: adds depth of flavor. I usually use peanut butter or chocolate hazelnut butter. (Want to make nut butter? Read How to Make Nut Butter)
- Maple Syrup: create the sweetness to balance out the bitterness from the coffee and cacao powder.
- Plant Milk: is used to soak the oats. Any type of plant milk will work.
- Coffee: I use brewed coffee for a more delicate taste. You can also use instant coffee powder if that works for you.
- Cacao Powder: adds the chocolate flavor we all love! The flavor of the cacao powder is crucial here. Just use your favorite one.
HOW TO MAKE MOCHA OVERNIGHT OATS
This is a one-bowl (or on-“jar”) recipe that won’t take you more than 5 minutes. You just need to:
- Add all ingredients into a jar. Give them a mix.
- Cover the jar and refrigerate it overnight.
- Take it out from the fridge to add your favorite toppings.
Yes, it’s really simple and easy to put together in a blink. (Close you eyes longer so I could finish. lol)
These mocha overnight oats are also perfect for meal-prep. You can make a bigger batch and divide it into single servings. They can last about 4-5 days in the fridge.
In the morning, you just need to grab one of the jars out from the fridge, add toppings you like and enjoy.
I’ve made chocolate overnight oats before, but I didn’t know adding coffee to it really makes a difference.
The oats absorb the coffee note as well as incorporate the chocolate flavor from the cacao powder. The whole thing just tastes like no other overnight oats I’ve made before!
These mocha overnight oats are one of the best overnight oats I’ve ever made! (And I’m kind of an overnight oat expert. (wink wink))
I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know how it went! (Tag @barrelleaf on Instagram so I can find you)
Mocha Overnight Oats (7 ingredients)
- 45 g rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds, I grind my chia seeds in a coffee grinder
- 1 tsp peanut butter, or nut/seed butter of choice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) plant milk, I use vanilla soymilk
- 80 ml brewed coffee
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- A tiny pinch of salt
- A hint of vanilla extract
- In a jar, add all ingredients into a jar. Give them a mix.
- Cover the jar and refrigerate it overnight, or at least for 4 hours.
- Take it out from the fridge. Give it a stir. Add more milk if you want. Then add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- Storage: Store in the fridge for 3-4 days.