Read the post in: 繁體中文
Full of the tangy, fruity, natural berry flavor, this Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl is delicious with tons of nutrients for both mind and body!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY Vitamix
Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl
If you’ve followed my Instagram for a while, you might notice that I’m posting a lot of smoothie bowls these few weeks.
Because I don’t have much time on my average workdays, the weekend has officially become my Smoothie Bowl Day.
I like to try different combinations of fruits and nut butter for smoothie bowls. And this Mix Berry Smoothie Bowl I made recently really hit “my sweet spot,” aka my favorite food zone. So here is the recipe post dedicated to it!
INGREDIENTS FOR MIXED BERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL
- Frozen Mixed Berries: As the name suggests, there are different types of berries in this smoothie bowl. I like to use 3-4 types of berries for the vibrant color and flavor. Frozen blueberries and strawberries are kind of always my top choices, followed by frozen cranberries, raspberries, and blackberries. And the keyword here is “frozen.”
- Frozen Banana: I think I’m addicted to frozen bananas if they are addictive. Frozen bananas provide the sweetness and create the creamy, thick texture that we want for our smoothie bowls.
- Plant Milk: You can use any plant milk you have at hand. I usually use almond milk (organic). These few weeks I’ve also tried to use vanilla soymilk and it’s also great.
- Chia Seeds: Why not add more nutrients to our smoothie bowl? Chia seeds are a good source of Omega-3 and they also help to thicken the smoothie mixture.
- Nut Butter: I love to use almond butter for berry smoothie bowls. You can also use peanut butter or my recent favorite: Caramel Pecan Macadamia Nut Butter. (It’s seriously so good!)
HOW TO MAKE SMOOTH MIXED BERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL
Simple. All you need to do it add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
The keyword here is smooth. To make a super smooth smoothie bowl, it’s a good idea to have a strong and good blender.
And another key point is to use a tamper if you have one. While the blender is working, use a tamper (make sure to use with the lid on) to push the four corners of the blender. This action will help to create a beautiful swirl that makes the blender work well.
I’ve tried with many blenders (including well-known brands) and so far Vitamix is still the best blender I’ve ever tested. That’s why I’ve bought two Vitamix blenders until now. And I’m so excited to team up with the Vitamix agent in Taiwan this time!
After the mixture has become creamy and smooth, pour the mixture into the bowls and add any toppings you want.
Sometimes I like to add a little cinnamon into the party as well just to add another depth of flavor. BTW, cinnamon is also a great blood-sugar regulator, as some researches indicate. Anyhow, I really just love its gently spicy note.
This smoothie bowl is full of natural sweetness and berry flavor. The sweetness from the bananas strikes a balance with the tangy flavor from some of the berries.
I think I won’t ever get board of eating berries because they are so juicy, sweet, yet tagny.
I really wish I could have a bowl like this every single day. (It’s a luxury, I know.)
I hope you give it a try and let me know how it went! 🙂
Other Smoothie (Bowls) for you:
Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl 綜合莓果果昔碗
- 200 g (1+1/2 cup) frozen mixed berries 冷凍綜合莓果, use organic if you could
- 150 g (2/3 cup) frozen banana slices 冷凍香蕉切片, ~1.5 medium bananas
- 90 ml (3/8 cup) plant milk 植物奶, I use vanilla soymilk
- 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds 奇亞籽粉
- 1 heaping Tbsp nut butter 堅果醬, I love to use peanut butter, Caramel Pecan Macadamia Nut Butter and almond butter
- Add all ingredients to a blender to blend until smooth. Use a tamper to help if you have one. (Remember to use the right tamper according to your container size)
- Pour the mixture to the serving bowl. Add toppings you like. Enjoy.
- 將所有食材放入食物調理機中攪打混合至滑順，若有調理棒建議搭配使用幫助攪打混合均勻 (記得要拿相對應搭配的調理棒喔)