Read the post in: 繁體中文
These Black Soybean Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes are the perfect desserts for you when you want something fudgy and chocolaty. They are not only delicious but also healthy with the soybeans sneaked inside. You can use black beans instead as well!
Fudgy Black Soybean Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes
I’m a chocoholic, so there’s no reason needed for creating another chocolate desserts, right?
These fudgy black soybean peanut butter chocolate cupcakes are inspired by the Vegan Black Soybean Chocolate Brownies I shared a few months ago. Both of them are healthy, but these Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes are more on the indulgent side in terms of taste, if you well.
I use black soybeans because they are more common and cheap in my country (Taiwan). I think you could use American black beans as well, but honestly, I haven’t tried this recipe with other beans, so just want to let you know that.
By saying “healthy”, what I really mean is more close to “nutritious”, thanks to the black soybeans inside. They are sweetened by dates, which not only give them a caramel undertone, but also the fiber that helps us feel satiated.
Oh, and you don’t want to miss out the peanut butter, right? I mean, peanut butter is my staple and it’s healthy. Yes, you hear me right. Peanut butter is healthy.
Why? First, it’s high in protein and heart-healthy fats. Second, it’s what I love and crave for, which I hope is self-explanatory.
I want to take a moment to speak about the “healthy” tag that I use for my recipes or the one we give to ourselves. Yes, we want our body to stay healthy, but don’t forget the state of mind. What we eat means nothing if we don’t feel happy. Agreed? (I hope to see you nodding your head right now. 😉 )
So, back to these gorgeous Black Soybean Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes. Even though I name them “cupcakes,” they are more like brownies dressed in cupcakes cloths. The texture is more like fudgy chocolate brownies rather than the caky cupcakes.
Each bite is fudgy, chocolaty, and super yummy, at least to me. Have you noticed the melted chocolate and peanut butter on top? Yes, they are essential, not only to these Black Soybean Chocolate Cupcakes but also to my life, seriously.
It’s quite easy to make and fast if you got cooked black soybeans at hand. Simply put, all you need to do is to throw them in a food processor and blend the ingredients, transfer the mixture, add toppings, and bake, done, no complication.
I make them in a 6-cup small muffin tin and enjoy each with more other desserts. (If you have watched my What I Eat in A Day video, you know me, my friend.)
But if you just want to have just one for dessert, then I would recommend you double the recipe to make them bigger or feel free to grab 2 of them if you feel like it.
They are super fudgy when warm, a little firmer if served cold. So you’re the one to decide which type to have. I actually love both because my craving is unpredictable. 🤭
I love desserts but I don’t have a super sweet palate. These black soybean chocolate cupcakes are rich and fudgy but not so sweet. If you want to make it sweeter, add 1-2 Tbsp of coconut sugar or any sugar of choice would work well.
You could also use almond butter instead of peanut butter, but they will not have the rich peanut-y flavor that makes them so special. So, just be aware of that.
溼潤花生醬黑豆布朗尼杯子蛋糕 Fudgy Black Soybean Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
- 150 g (½ + ¼ cup) cooked black soybeans 煮熟黑豆
- 50 g pitted dates 去籽椰棗乾, ½ cup
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter 花生醬
- 3 Tbsp aquafaba (chickpea water) 煮鷹嘴豆水留下的液體
- 2 Tbsp water 水
- 1 Tbsp coffee 咖啡
- 3 Tbsp
cacao powder 生可可粉, or cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed 亞麻籽粉
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 純香草精
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar 蘋果醋
- 1/8 tsp salt 鹽
- ¼ tsp baking soda 小蘇打粉
- ¼ tsp baking powder 泡打粉
- 4 Tbsp dark chocolate chips 黑巧克力豆, add more if you like
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter 花生醬
- Preheat the oven at 175 C / 350 F.
- Add the black soybeans, pitted dates, peanut butter, aquafaba, water, and coffee to a food processor. Blend them until smooth or as smooth as possible. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the cocoa powder, ground flaxseed, vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Continue to process to combine all ingredients.
- Put cupcake liners into the cupcake tins. Divide the mixture into the tins. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake them for 15-20 mins until a toothpick comes out without any wet batter attached.
- Transfer the muffin tin to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes before removing them from liners to enjoy.
- 將烤箱以 175 C / 350 F 預熱
- 將 6 連模內放入杯子蛋糕襯，將混合物平均放入模具中，再於上頭放上巧克力豆
- 用烤箱烘烤 15-20 分鐘，至至竹籤插入中間沒有溼麵糊沾黏
- 將模具移到網架上靜置 15 分鐘，再取出享用
- Store the cupcakes in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days or 2 weeks in the freezer.