Read the post in: 繁體中文
Fudgy, rich, and chocolatey, these Avocado Chocolate Brownies are a vegan dessert that you need! Plus, you only need 10 ingredients to make them, so, here we go.
Fudgy Avocado Chocolate Brownies
Recently I got A LOT of avocados at hand, which is a sweet burden for me as a 1-person life. So I started to figure different ways to use avocados besides just add salt and lime juice to them.
I’ve some dessert recipes using avocados, such as Silky Avocado Chocolate Pie, Avocado Chocolate Mousse, and Avocado Key Lime Pie. All of them are no-bake recipes that I like. But you know what, it makes me want to include avocado into baking goods. So here we go.
Then I went to Google for inspiration and found that many people use avocados in chocolate brownies, which is new and exciting to me. So this time I make these Vegan Fudgy Avocado Chocolate Brownies.
If I hadn’t said that these brownies are vegan, you probably wouldn’t guess that, right? And one of the ingredients is avocado!
“Common” brownies contain butter and tons of white sugar; the butter is used to make the brownies rich and fudgy, the sugar for sweet and softness. This time we’re not going to use both. Instead, we’re going to use avocado instead of butter, maple syrup for common white sugar.
Vegan, Gluten-Free, more Nutritious
These Avocado Chocolate Brownies are also gluten-free made without common white flour. The flour we use here is ground almonds and cocoa powder.
These brownies are definitely on the fudgy side, so if you like more caky texture, I recommend these Vegan Caramel Marbled Brownies.
I like to bake these brownies until they got a few “cracks.” I don’t know why but it does make them look more enticing to me.
I didn’t add too many things for decoration, just some cacao powder on top for more chocolatey flavor. You can totally add some nuts to make it more flavor with additional texture.
Bitter Sweet Chocolatey!
I add quite a lot of cacao powder on top because I love the bitter-sweet cacao flavor. If you want a more sweet version, add some semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips will be a good idea.
Fudgy & Soft Inside
These brownies look caky outside but really fudge inside. You should notice that they are softer than regular brownies when you move these lovable rich babies.
Since I usually only make food for my own (as mentioned above), I don’t make a lot at one time. I often use a loaf pan and cut it into 8 pieces. I’ll say probably 2 pieces for 1 serving but that’s really just a thing for reference. I never measure or count how many I eat, so … you know, just be you.
If you have a bigger family or just want to make more, you can double the recipe the make it in an 8″ square brownie pan.
Firm Texture after Refrigeration
Because the brownies don’t have a lot of flour (so they’re fudgy), it’s best to let it cool completely or even refrigerate for a night before slicing. It’s also easier to cut and the “fudginess” is on the spot. That rhymes. 🙂
They don’t become as hard as the common one that using butter. So you can eat them straight out of the fridge.
They’re really fudgy and rich but not very sweet, which is what I like.
Doesn’t It Look Sexy?
The other thing I want to say is … they look super sexy to me. I don’t know why but that makes me keep pressing my camera’s shutter button.
OK, enough talking, let’s make these fudgy avocado brownies, shall we?
Fudgy Avocado Brownies (10 ingredients)
- 45 g (1.5 oz) dark chocolate 黑巧克力, 7%
- 1 tsp coconut oil 椰子油
- 115 g (½ cup) fresh avocado flesh 酪梨果
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed 亞麻籽粉
- 3 Tbsp water 水
- 20 g (~2 Tbsp) coconut sugar 椰糖, or cane sugar
- 27 g (¼ cup + 1 Tbsp) ground almond 杏仁粉
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder 可可粉, plus more for dusting
- ¼ tsp baking soda 小蘇打粉
- A pinch of salt 鹽
- ½ tsp vanilla extract 純香草精
- Start by making our "flax egg": Mix the ground flax seeds with the water and let it sit for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 175°C. Line a loaf pan (22×11.5 cm) with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together by using a bain-maire or a microwave.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor in this order: avocado, flax seeds mixture, sugar, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and the melted chocolate. Blend to combine. Stop and scrape down if needed.
- Pour the thick batter into the lined baking pan. Bake at 175°C for 25 – 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Place the baking pan on a wire rack for 15 – 20 minutes, then remove the brownies from the tin by lifting the baking paper and place it on the wire rack to cool down completely.
- Dust some cocoa powder on top. Slice and enjoy.
- 將亞麻籽粉與水混合均勻，靜置 10 – 15 分鐘
- 烤箱以 175°C 預熱。取一長條麵包模 (22×11.5 cm)，模內鋪烘焙紙
- 將濃稠的混合物倒入鋪烘焙紙的模具中，放入烤箱，以 175°C 烘烤 25 – 30 分，至竹籤插入布朗尼中心取出沒有沾黏溼麵糊
- 從烤箱取出，置於網架上 15 – 20 分鐘，稍放涼後再拉著烘焙紙取出至完全放涼
- Storage: Store them in the freezer for about 1 month.
- Adapted from Sweet as Honey
- 保存：密封冷藏保存約可放 3 天、冷凍保存約可放 1 個月