Read the post in: 繁體中文
These Frozen Yogurt Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are made with 4 simple pantry ingredients, easy to make, and great for breakfast, snack, or whenever you want!
It’s already July and I think I don’t need to describe how hot it is. (BTW, I’m in Taiwan.)
Due to the hot weather, I seldom turn on the oven unless it’s necessary, but, you know, we still need our cookies in our life. So these no-bake Frozen Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies come!
I’ve made oatmeal cookies before. I mean, maybe more than a hundred times now. But I kind of always baked them because I loved the crunchy texture more than chewy ones.
However, you know, things changed. I start to appreciate chewy cookies as much as I do to crunchy ones. And thanks to Mina, I know I can have these no-bake frozen yogurt oatmeal cookies when I don’t feel like baking.
INGREDIENTS FOR FROZEN YOGURT OATMEAL COOKIES
- Instant Oats (quick oats): The main body of these cookies. You can use rolled oats if you want them to be “chunkier”.
- Maple Syrup: to make these cookies sweet. And maple syrup makes everything better, I think.
- Peanut Butter: gives these cookies the richness and amazing flavor. It’s better to be a runny one.
- Plant Yogurt: Here I’m using soy yogurt but you can use coconut yogurt or almond yogurt as well. I think coconut yogurt would be the best.
If you’re sensitive to peanuts, you can also use almond butter or tahini to switch things a little bit.
But I’m kind of an “always peanut butter” person, so, when I have my peanut butter jar, 98 out of 100 I will use it. The rest 2% is for tahini and almond butter. 😉
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR FROZEN YOGURT OATMEAL COOKIES
You can top these cookies with things like:
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN YOGURT OATMEAL COOKIES
It’s really easy to make these oatmeal cookies, especially there’s no baking or cooking involved.
- Add the instant oats, maple syrup, and peanut butter into a bowl. Mix evenly.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture and shape it into the “cookie shape” that you want.
- Spread some soy/coconut/almond yogurt on top of each cookie. Add optional ingredients if you like.
- Place them in the freezer to harden up. Then EAT!
These frozen yogurt oatmeal cookies are really super easy to put together in 5 minutes.
The oatmeal cookies are a bit chewy but not soft after freezing. The frozen yogurt gives this cookie an icing looks but definitely makes them more refreshing.
They are perfect for summer, or for the time when you’re oven doesn’t work. (yet I believe we don’t want that happen)
And even though I add “breakfast” in the title, I really like to enjoy them as snacks. The peanut butter flavor with oats and maple syrup is just too wonderful for whenever you want.
I hope you give these cookies a try and let me know how it went. 🙂
Interested in more no-bake vegan snacks? Check out:
- White Bean Cookie Dough Truffles (5 ingredients)
- Matcha Chocolate Chip Bliss Balls (5 ingredients)
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bars (7 ingredients)
Frozen Yogurt Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (4 ingredients, no-bake)
- 45 g instant oats 即食燕麥片
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp peanut butter 花生醬
- 3 Tbsp soy yogurt 豆乳優格, or coconut yogurt, almond yogurt
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, add the instant oats, maple syrup, and peanut butter. Mix evenly.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture and shape it into the “cookie shape” that you want. Place it onto the lined baking sheet. Repeat to finish all. I have 4 medium-size ones.
- Spread about 1/2 Tbsp of soy/coconut/almond yogurt on top of each cookie. Add optional ingredients if you like.
- Place them in the freezer for about 20 minutes to harden up. Then EAT!
- 冷凍大約 20 分鐘至餅乾變硬一些，接著就開吃吧!
- Storage: Store in the freezer for 2 weeks. Let them defrost at room temperature for 1 minutes before serving.