Read the post in: 繁體中文
Made of refreshing code plant-based milk and foamy, light coffee, Dalgona Coffee is a creamy and satisfying drink that I regret not making earlier!
So, I know that I’m kind of late for the party, but it’s never too late to make something delicious, right?
I admit that I’m a rebellious person – when many people make the same thing, I don’t want to follow the wagon tracks. But now I think it’s time to make this popular-for-a-while Dalgona coffee.
How to Make Dalgona Coffee
Dalgona coffee is super easy to make. It’s made by beating approximately the same amount of instant coffee, sugar, and hot water together to create a foamy texture. Then add it to your milk. That’s it!
I said “approximately same amount” because I found that you don’t need to follow the 1:1:1 ratio for sugar. In this recipe, I use 2/3 amount of sugar and it still works. So if your palate is as sensitive to sugar as mine, this recipe is perfect for you!
We actually call it “400 times coffee” （400次咖啡） in Chinese. Why, because to make this, you have to beat the mixture 400 times (though it’s really not that specific), surely not by hand. I mean, you can, but it’s gonna take a lot more time.
As for the beating part, I’m using a hand blender with the whisk attachment. You can also use a hand mixer, stand mixer, or even a hand-held frother. Just make sure double the recipe is your stand mixer bowl is big.
Question You Might Have
Can I make Dalgona coffee ahead of time?
Since the coffee foam will dissolve gradually with time, it’s best to make Dalgona coffee right before serving.
If you haven’t tried Dalgona coffee, I really hope you could give it a try. It’s really tasty and satisfying. Also, let me know what’s your thoughts down below!
Easy Dalgona Coffee (Vegan, Decaf option)
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee, *
- 2-3 tsp organic sugar
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 200 ml non-dairy milk, like soy milk, oat milk, etc.
- 4-5 ice cubes
- In a bowl, add t4he instant coffee, sugar, and hot water. Use a mixer (with whisking attachment) to beat them together and keep whisking for about 1~2 minutes. The mixture will get super foamy and light.
- Pour the non-dairy milk into a glass and add the ice cubes.
- Pour or use a spoon to scoop the coffee mixture on top of the milk.
- Enjoy right away! You can give it a mix before drinking.
- *Instant coffee: Because I’m a bit sensitive to caffeine, I usually use decaffeinated instant coffee for my coffee drinks. I’ll recommend using the instant coffee you like.