Read the post in: 繁體中文
This Cinnamon Pecan Granola is nutty and crispy with a mild cinnamon note. It’s really delicious and made with only 7 ingredients!
Cinnamon Pecan Granola
I’ve been made quite a few granola now. I love granola and like to try different flavors from time to time.
This Cinnamon Pecan Granola is inspired by Deliciously Ella. The pecans in her video look so crunchy and delicious that I just went to buy a huge bag of pecans before I even made my decision what to make.
Watch How to Make Cinnamon Pecan Granola
Because pecans are a little expensive in Taiwan than other nuts, I had been hesitated to buy them even though I really wanted them.
However, as I always intend to make more different recipes, I thought, why not? So here is this Cinnamon Pecan Granola.
INGREDIENTS FOR CINNAMON PECAN GRANOLA
You only need 7 basic ingredients for this cinnamon pecan granola.
- Rolled Oats: Most granola recipes will call for rolled oats. They have more texture compared with instant oats.
- Pecans: The featuring start in this recipe. Toasted pecans have a caramelly, amazing flavor that makes them so captivating.
- Ground Cinnamon: The second hero in this recipe. Some people might have an unpleasant opinion toward ground cinnamon due to its strong, spicy note. But it’s because the most common cinnamon is Vietnamese cinnamon. Please try Ceylon cinnamon, which is much mild and delicate and it’s one my favorite spices.
- Almonds: They add another nutty flavor to this granola.
- Coconut Oil: It gives this granola the crispiness that we want.
- Maple Syrup: My favorite liquid sweetener in this world. It also goes super well with the nutty flavor of the pecans.
- Raisins: They add a different texture and fruity flavor to the granola.
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR CINNAMON PECAN GRANOLA
The above 7 ingredients are “must” (in my opinion) for this Pecan Cinnamon Granola. There are some other optional ingredients that I recommend to add in if you got them at hand.
- Orange Zest: If you have some fresh oranges at hand, I strongly recommend to add some orange zest to the granola mixture. It will give this granola an amazing fruity tone.
- Seeds: You can add seeds to this granola to enrich its texture as well as nutrition profile. Pumpkin seeds and flax seeds are all great options.
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON PECAN GRANOLA
It’s really easy to make granola at home. This granola recipe is no exception.
- Roughly chop the pecans and almonds.
- Mix the nuts with oats and cinnamon.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix all together.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet. Bake about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the raisins. Let it cool completely. Then EAT!
You should be also to smell the nutty and cinnamon-y flavor once they’re baked. The crunchy and crispy texture is what makes me keep eating them without a second thought.
You can eat it as-is or top them on some yogurt or ice cream if you want.
This granola is also a perfect make-ahead breakfast idea. You can make a huge batch and store them in airtight jars.
When you don’t have time to think (or make) your breakfast on certain days, pop this granola into a bowl, add some plant milk, nut butter, and fruits. A delicious and nutritious breakfast is in front of your eyes (or in your hand).
Interested in more granola recipes? Check out:
- Coconut Macadamia Granola (6 ingredients)
- Naturally Sweetened Granola
- Crunchy Coconut Macadamia Granola
Cinnamon Pecan Granola (7 ingredients) 肉桂胡桃穀麥片
- Preheat the oven at 160°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the pecans and almonds.
- In a big mixing bowl, add the chopped pecans, almonds, rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, and ground cinnamon. Give them a mix.
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and orange zest (if you have). Stir to mix all evenly.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet. Spread it out evenly into a single layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Stir in the raisins. Let it cool completely before transfering to an air-tight jar.
- 烤箱以 160°C 預熱。烤盤鋪烤墊或烘焙紙。
- 加入融化的椰子油、楓糖漿，與橙皮 (若有)，混拌均勻
- 將混合物平鋪於烤盤，放入烤箱，烘烤約 20-25 分鐘
- Storage: Store in an air-tight jar in a cool place for 3-4 weeks or even longer in the fridge.
- Adapted from Deliciously Ella
- 保存：放入密封罐、陰涼處保存 3-4 週，或冷藏