Read the post in: 繁體中文
If you love cilantro, this Vegan Cilantro Ranch Dressing is here for you! It’s creamy without oil and made with only 8 ingredients!
Vegan Creamy Cilantro Green Ranch Dressing
I’ve been quite into making salad dressing since I make the delicious Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing. It’s really fun to try with different ingredients to produce different flavors. This Cilantro Green Ranch Dressing is one of them.
This dressing is vegan, meaning no egg, no dairy, no animal products involved. And it’s also made without oil. Then what’re the things to make it creamy, you ask? They are cashews!
Watch how-to-make here
As the name suggests, the color of this ranch dressing is green, which is naturally made by cilantro. I know some people don’t like cilantro. In fact, when I was little, I didn’t like the taste and smell of cilantro. But after I grew up, I gradually find the taste of cilantro refreshing and flavorful.
Now I’m in the cilantro-lover team. And since you’re here, I believe you’re one of us, right?
But if you’re not really very into cilantro, you can also try to replace cilantro with other fresh herbs like dill or parsley. Make it work for you.
Yet the hero of this recipe is cilantro, so, let’s stay with it for now.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN CILANTRO GREEN RANCH DRESSING
This green ranch salad dressing is made with only 8 ingredients.
- Cashews: the key ingredients to make this dressing creamy.
- Salt: brings up the whole flavor.
- Garlic: adds more flavors. You can also use garlic powder.
- Onion Powder: adds more depth to this dressing.
- Dijon Mustard: gives this dressing an amazing undertone.
- Soy Milk: the liquid part of this dressing. You can also use other plant milk to try.
- Cilantro: gives out the refreshing and herbal flavor.
- Lemon Juice or Lime Juice : add a bit acidity to accompany the whole flavor.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CILANTRO GREEN RANCH DRESSING
It’s really simple and quick to make this ranch salad dressing. But you need to soak your cashews first.
- Soak the cashews.
- Drain out the water and give them a rinse.
- Blend the cashews with other ingredients. Done!
You can use it immediately. But I would recommend to let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to thicken and develop more flavor. It can sit in the fridge for 5-7 days and use it whatever you want.
I just make a simple salad by putting some greens, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and chickpeas in a bowl. Sprinkle some fresh cilantro and drizzle the ranch dressing on top to enjoy.
You can also serve it as a dip with vegan sour cream for your crackers or potato wedges, which I will definitely try next time.
Other sauce recipes you might also enjoy:
Vegan Creamy Cilantro Green Ranch Dressing 全植物濃郁芫荽綠田園沙拉醬
- 50 g (a scant ½ cup) cashews 生腰果, soaked in water for 3 – 4 hours 浸泡於飲用水中 3 – 4 小時
- ¼ tsp salt 鹽
- 2 garlic cloves 蒜瓣, or ½ garlic powder 或 ½ tsp 大蒜粉
- ½ tsp onion powder 洋蔥粉
- ½ tsp dijon mustard 狄戎芥茉醬
- 120 ml unsweetened soy milk 無糖豆漿
- A small handful cilantro 芫荽葉, 1 小把 台灣俗稱香菜
- 1 tsp lemon juice or lime juice 檸檬汁或萊姆汁, 或蘋果醋 or apple cider vinegar
- 可以馬上使用 (會比較稀)，或放入冷藏，會慢慢變得較理想的濃稠度
- Drain out the soaking water from the cashews and give a rinse.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- You can use the salad dressing right away or after refrigeration, which will give out a more thick, ideal consistency.