Read the post in: 繁體中文
Combined with the rich chocolate and the nutty flavor of hazelnut, this Chocolate Quinoa Hazelnut Granola is one of those taste-like-dessert breakfasts that you can have every single day!
Chocolate Quinoa Hazelnut Granola
I assume that many of you know that chocolate and hazelnuts are a perfect match, right? Well, at least that’s what I feel after I eat Ferrero Rocher and totally fall in love with them.
And if you like Nutella, there’s no way you haven’t taste this match made in heaven. Otherwise, that’s because you just haven’t pay much attention to it. Now you know and thanks me later. (Just kidding.)
Even though I love my homemade Vegan Ferrero Rocher, it’s kind of strange to have them for breakfast, right? No judgment, just my feeling. So, I was thinking, is there a way to make them ideal for breakfast? And here is the Chocolate Quinoa Hazelnut Granola!
If you have followed me for a while, you probably know that I love granola. I used to buy them from stores, but nowadays I seldom do that. Why? Because it’s actually really simple to make them by yourself.
Only 10 Ingredients!
For this Chocolate Quinoa Hazelnut Granola, you just need the basic 10 ingredients and about 30 minutes, including the baking time. And all you need to do is to mix, spread, and place into the oven. Done.
Make them in One Bowl.
Well, maybe there’s some washing after that, but don’t be fussed about that because you just need 1 bowl and a fork or a spatula in the making process. And after you taste them, I think you would feel that the work is totally worth it, at least that’s what I hope.
Usually, there’s no quinoa in a common granola recipe, but I like to have fun and to play around with what I have. And I got a huge bag of quinoa, so, you know.
Quinoa is also one of the grains I think suits in a granola recipe very well, so I add them in. However, if you don’t have quinoa at hand, you can just use the same amount (in terms of volume) rolled oats. But I have to say the texture will be a little different.
This granola is full of chocolate flavor thanks to the cocoa powder and chocolate chips. The addition of hazelnuts totally brings this granola to another level.
To make it taste the best, I would recommend using hazelnut butter. I make them just like making almond butter ─ toast them and blend them in my Magimix or Vitamix. But if you don’t have time to make them ahead or feel that’s a lot of work, my second recommendation is to almond butter, which has become a staple for me. I don’t recommend to use peanut butter for this recipe because peanut butter has a very strong character. The third option is coconut oil, but just be aware that they might not taste very nutty in the end.
If you like the chocolate-hazelnut combo, I think you would like this Chocolate Quinoa Hazelnut Granola. And if you LOVE this heaven-made match, I highly recommend you to try my homemade Vegan Nutella, Double Chocolate Hazelnut Layered Pie, and Hazelnut Chocolate Ice Cream Cake.
OK, shall we?
巧克力藜麥榛果燕麥穀片 Chocolate Quinoa Hazelnut Granola
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup 楓糖漿
- 2 Tbsp hazelnut butter 純榛果醬,
or almond butter 杏仁醬
- 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds 奇亞籽粉
- 1 Tbsp aquafaba (chickpea brtchickpea brine) 鷹嘴豆水, or 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil 或 1/2 Tbsp 椰子油
- 45 g rolled oats 傳統燕麥片, 1/2 cup
- 75 g raw quinoa 生藜麥, 1/2 cup
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder 可可粉
- 1/8 tsp salt 鹽
- 40 g hazelnuts 榛果, roughly chopped 略切
- 30 g chocolate chips 黑巧克力豆
- 2 Tbsp
unsweetened coconut flakes 無加糖椰子乾片, optional 非必要
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds 南瓜籽, optional 非必要
- Preheat the oven at 165 C / 320 F.
- In a big mixing bowl, add the maple syrup, hazelnut butter, ground chia, and aquafaba. Mix to combine.
- Add the rolled oats, quinoa, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix all together. Then stir in the hazelnuts.
- Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper. Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet into a single layer.
- Place into the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Then give a stir. Continue to bake for about 10 minutes until they smell amazing and firm to the touch.
- Let it sit in the oven for 15 minutes. Then remove onto a wire rack to cool down. Finally, add the chocolate chips. If you like me want to let the chocolate chips melt a bit, stir in when the granola is still warm. Store in an air-tight jar in the fridge for the best crunchiness.
- 將烤箱以 160 C / 320 F 預熱
- 放入烤箱，以 165 C / 320 F 烘烤 15 分鐘，之後取出稍翻拌，再繼續烤約 10 分鐘，至聞到迷人香氣，質地摸起來硬實
- 讓它待在烤箱 15 分鐘，之後取出置於網架上放涼，最後拌入巧克力豆。如果你像我一樣，喜歡讓一些巧克力豆融化，那麼可以再穀片還有點溫熱的時候拌入。放入密封罐中，冷藏保存