Read the post in: 繁體中文
Full of blueberry flavor and satisfying creamy texture, the Blueberry Overnight Oats are one of the best chilled breakfast options for your morning!
Blueberry Overnight Oats
I love blueberries. I mean, they are belong to the “homecoming queen”, aka well-loved catogory in the berry field.
I’ve shared my Go-To Blueberry Smoothie bowls a long time ago. As I’m kind of eating overnight oats every day recently, blueberry flavor is one of the things that I will not miss out on.
Watch How to Make – Blueberry Overnight Oats
INGREDIENTS FOR BLUEBERRY OVERNIGHT OATS
You only need 7 ingredients to make the delicious blueberry overnight oats. They are:
- Rolled Oats: I use rolled oats for overnight oats 99 out of 100 times. The texture is creamy but not mushy.
- Chia Seeds: I like to grind my chia seeds in my coffee grinder into a powdery texture for better absorption. You can just use them as they are as well.
- Nut/Seed Butter: adds more depth of flavor. I’m using Caramel Pecan Macadamia Nut Butter for the jar in the picture. Feel free to try any nut/seed butter you like.
- Maple Syrup: The combination of blueberries and maple syrup is one of the best things in the world (at least to me). You can use other liquid sweeteners but I really recommend using maple syrup for this recipe!
- Plant Milk: I use soy milk here. You can use other types of plant milk such as rice milk, oat milk, or nut-based milk.
- Blueberry Jam: to enhance the overall blueberry flavor. I personally love this one a lot.
- Frozen Blueberries: I prefer to use frozen blueberries instead of fresh because 1) they are more budget-friendly, and 2) they are juicier than fresh ones.
- Cinnamon: I love cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon is my top choice. A hint of cinnamon will give out another mild sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract: I think you know that blueberries and vanilla go really well together.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY OVERNIGHT OATS
It’s really simple, like most of the overnight oat reipes. You just need to:
- Add all ingredients in a jar EXCEPT for the frozen blueberries. Give them a mix.
- Put the lid on and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- Add the frozen blueberries and additional toppings if you like.
That’s it! It’s a super easy and great make-ahead breakfast recipe for your meal-prep arsenal.
The blueberry overnight oats can stay in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can make a bigger batch at once and don’t need to worry about what for breakfast the following few days.
This is a basic recipe for you and you can absolutely adjust and adapted according to your preference.
The natural sweet/sour berry flavor mixed with maple syrup is also one of the things I could never get bored of.
I hope you give it a try and let me know your thoughts in the comment section down below or tag me on Instagram. (@barrelleaf) I will be really happy to see your jars (or bowls)!
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes:
Blueberry Overnight Oats (7 ingredients)
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- A hint of vanilla extract
- The night before, add all ingredients in a jar and give it a mix.
- Put the lid on and let it sit in the fridge overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- Take out the jar from the fridge. Add more milk to adjust the consistency if you like.
- Add the frozen blueberries and additional toppings you like. I add some granola, maple syrup, and caramel pecan nut butter. EAT!
- Store in the fridge for 3-4 days.