I thought I’ve made enough. It’s not until I’ve browsing through my pudding posts and realize that I haven’t make sesame flavor yet! As a black sesame lover, this is on a must-to-do list. (lol) This time I also want some additional twist for my pudding as well. So, I replace a potion of milk with soy milk to make this Black Sesame Soy Milk Pudding!
In fact, I’ve tried this recipe for a few times, but I found that the pudding could not get the grey tone from the black sesame paste as I wished. I only got some black dots in my pudding. Then an idea suddenly popped up. I thought a solution to this. I tried two more times and can be sure now that it works!
This solution has a downside, though. That is, the top could not be very smooth, but it actually can be fixed by scooping out the bubbles before baking. I only made them for my own, and I’m really not a person who cares very much about the appearance (lol), so I skipped.
Substituting soy milk for a part of milk really makes a difference in the taste. It taste lighter and fresher. The fragrance of black sesame and soy milk goes really well together that I seriously could not stop eating and digging. Let’s do this!
(※ 引用食譜煩請註明出處與原文網址．勿拿此食譜行商業行為 ※)
Black Sesame Soy Milk Pudding (No Cream)
- 特別器具 Special equipment：
- 一台果汁機或調理機 (為上色且質地更均勻)
- 三個布蕾烤皿 或 適當可烘焙容器
- 一個較深的烤盤或烤模 (放烤皿水浴法用)
- A blender (to make the consistency colored and more even )
- 3 ramekins or other oven-safe containers
- A deeper baking tray or pan (to water-bath the ramekins)
- 食材 ：(約 2 -3 人份)
- 雞蛋 1 個
- 蛋黃 1 個
- 牛奶 150 g
- 豆漿 50 g
- 糖 15 – 20 g*
- 純黑芝麻醬 1 大匙
- Ingredients: (Serve 2 – 3)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 g milk
- 50 g soy milk
- 15 – 20 g sugar*
- 1 Tbs black sesame paste
* I use coconut sugar. The amount of sugar can be adjusted to personal liking.
- 準備工作 Preparation:
- 烤箱以 150°C 預熱
- 煮少許熱水 (水浴法用)
- Measure all ingredients.
- Preheat the oven at 150°C
- Prepare some hot water (for water bath)
- 過濾芝麻布丁液 (建議過濾兩次)
- 烤盤中注入熱水，進烤箱以150°C 烘烤 35 – 40 分鐘，至布丁液沒有太大晃動
- 取出放涼後封好，放入冰箱冷藏至少 4 小時後再享用
- If your sugar is hard to dissolve, heat it along with the milk over a medium low heat first to dissolve it.
- Blend all ingredients in the blender until they become a grey mixture.
- Sift the pudding mix. (I recommend sift twice)
- Place the ramekins in the baking tray and pour the pudding mix into the ramekins, about 80% full each.
- Pour the hot water in the baking tray. Place into the oven to baking at 150°C for 35 – 40 minutes until the puddings just wobble slightly in the middle.
- Let the puddings cool down. Then refrigerate for at leas 4 hours before serving.